• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Passing Game Issues

WCABBall

Along with everyone else, I am really tired of Jake. His inconsistency is extremely aggravating. Although it seems impossible, he could have a solid day this week in Atlanta or he could be the Jake of Philly, Arizona, Oakland, or TB. However, I must submit that the real issue with the passing game may be to blame on the lack of playmakers that the Panthers possess.

From a WR or TE standpoint, we have 1 playmaker that every team in the league will double to stop. Smith is great enough to still make plays at times, but without a threat on the other side of the field he is limited in his effectiveness. Now I love Moose and he will one day adorn the wall of fame in BOA stadium but he is better suited right now to be a possession #3 guy.

The real problem with the passing game is the NFL draft bust Dwayne Jarrett. Marty Hurney may lose his job because of this pick. People will say it's because of the extension of Delhomme but although he is not a great QB he needs playmakers and targets on the field.

The pick of Jarrett and the failure to address the TE situation has crippled this passing game. One playmaker would open up Smitty and more importantly open up our run game even more.

Archived