• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney In Studio On Packman Today At 4:00

JakeFlake

Well, living in Raleigh, I didn't get to hear this; so, I thank everyone for posting. Damage control for PSL holders..PR, and we all know it.

On QB, I agree with someone who said, 'if Matt Moore isn't ready to start after 3 years he's never going to be'. He also held a clip board in Dallas for at least one year. He's a wasted roster space.

I mean, ROOKIE QBs started last year and did well and two rookies are starting this year; but, our young QB carries a clip board.

I can just imagine what must have been going through Richardson's mind as his team got embarrased, his QB booed off the field, in front of Taglibue. Its happened once too often.

My feeling, Fox is toast and Hurney behind him and shortly after that will be Delhomme, Peppers, and anyone else that he thinks needs to go.

Richardson isn't stupid. He isn't patient. He's rich. He would probably like to have a decent team before he dies.

I applaud him for it.

Do it Jerry, just do it.

Bounce back or not, I think the issue is, and always will be, and perhaps should be,

is this the staff (GM/Coach) and the offensive leader (delhomme) and the defensive leader (peppers) that is going to either

a) get this team to a super bowl win

B) be consistent and have back to back winning seasons

If I were in Vegas, and betting, I would say definitively, no.

In our division alone, while two teams in our division have star QBs. We have Delhomme and Tampa has Leftwich.

Just considering that, which teams are on the rise? and which are on the decline?

Its a QB driven league these days, and we don't have a consistent one. A great QB can hide a lot of a team's weaknesses. Think the Colts are really all that great? Take Peyton out of there.

The fact that the powers that be didn't plan to replace, or try and get one last year, particularly for a QB coming off TJ surgery, and you know they had to know that elbow had issues for a couple of years before, well, its just not fathomable.

If you missed it here are the archives

Second hour of the show (1st with Hurney):

http://www.wfnz.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=4028033

Hour 3 (2nd with Hurney, taking calls from fans):

http://www.wfnz.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=4028140

Hour 4 (Hurney is gone, aftermath and callers):

http://www.wfnz.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=4028213

On QB, I agree with someone who said, 'if Matt Moore isn't ready to start after 3 years he's never going to be'. He also held a clip board in Dallas for at least one year. He's a wasted roster space.

I mean, ROOKIE QBs started last year and did well and two rookies are starting this year; but, our young QB carries a clip board.

Just wanted to correct a few errors in your post:

1) In general, QBs take anywhere from 3-5 years of sitting, watching, and practicing to reach their NFL potential. Moore is in his third year in the league, but only second active season. He missed last season with a leg injury.

2) Moore did not "hold a clip board in Dallas for at least one year." He was in Dallas' camp as a rookie. We picked him up because Basanez got injured in preseason.

3) Rookie QBs who started last year and did well, as well as rookie QBs starting this year were first-round picks. Moore was an undrafted rookie. While I fully believe that even undrafted QBs can be good eventually, they are rarely ready to play at an NFL level for several years. While Ryan and Flacco's success is admirable, it is the exception, not the rule.

4) If you believe that a third-string QB is a "wasted roster space" then you clearly believe that 90% of the league is wasting a roster spot. On gameday, for example on Sunday, Moore was the "emergency" QB, so his spot did not count against our 45-man gameday limit.

Just wanted to correct a few errors in your post:

1) In general, QBs take anywhere from 3-5 years of sitting, watching, and practicing to reach their NFL potential. Moore is in his third year in the league, but only second active season. He missed last season with a leg injury.

2) Moore did not "hold a clip board in Dallas for at least one year." He was in Dallas' camp as a rookie. We picked him up because Basanez got injured in preseason.

3) Rookie QBs who started last year and did well, as well as rookie QBs starting this year were first-round picks. Moore was an undrafted rookie. While I fully believe that even undrafted QBs can be good eventually, they are rarely ready to play at an NFL level for several years. While Ryan and Flacco's success is admirable, it is the exception, not the rule.

4) If you believe that a third-string QB is a "wasted roster space" then you clearly believe that 90% of the league is wasting a roster spot. On gameday, for example on Sunday, Moore was the "emergency" QB, so his spot did not count against our 45-man gameday limit.

I believe I said, he was with Dallas for a year, not definitively and as far as his leg injury, he did afterwards, what he has done previously, film study and reading and team meetings. Prior to that leg injury, he was horrible in exhibition.

I could contradict your points, but, it does not matter.

What matters, to me, is QB is the most important position on the football team; particularly in the NFL.

This organization does not buy into that theory and therefore have done nothing to recognize that fact and prepare for it. This organization does not buy into the importance of TEs and Safeties in the current NFL either.

This organization: 'We don't need a QB, we need (fill it in: OL, RB, DE, DT).'

My point with Moore is simply, if not now, when, and if the answer to that is going to be never, then put him on the practice squad and move on.

moore wasn't with dallas for a year. he was with them through one training camp.

they decided to only go with 2 QBs on the roster. romo, who was still green but playing well, and johnson who was a vet that had been around a long time who could help give romo an extra set of eyes. this is the benefit in having a backup who has been around a long time and why you have them carrying the clipboard. dallas gambled and put moore on the practice squad hoping no one would notice and the panthers scooped him up. the cowboys believed that moore was similar to romo.

romo was an undrafted 3rd string QB in his 4th year with the team when he was given the start. he didn't see his first action in a real game until that 4th year with the team.

the next year (2007) they found moore. they picked him up after he wasn't drafted, sent him to all their offseason stuff and then tried stashing him away and that is when the panthers took him, after he had gone through his first and only training camp but before any regular season games.

Archived