• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Up to Steve Now (Mod edit... must read re: round 2&3 picks)

SCPantherFan90

Thanks @Bartin.  Nice reply.  I was being a bit sarcastic, but your post really fleshes out the Browns strategy nicely and is really interesting re: different types of analytics and strategies.  Appreciate it.

34 minutes ago, Bartin said:

They also had the strategy that having a lot of draft picks and casting as wide a net as possible was the best plan. Data backs up that for the most part, everyone has around the same success rate per pick as everyone else so the teams that give themselves the most chances tend to get more good players. Gettleman has proved to be somewhat of an exception in this regard so far which is nice

I just listened to Sashi Brown (on the same podcast that Gettleman was interviewd for this a.m.) and he pretty much said exactly this about why they wanted so many picks. 

Interestingly enough, based on that Rotoworld article (I posted it last week), we've drafted the fewest players over the past 3 - 5 year period, yet the analysis showed we had the greatest impact per draft pick.  Well over the expected.  I believe we also drafted the fewest players (tied with one or two other teams... forget which) this year as well.  Need to check.

Getts really stays true to his "rather have a quarter than two dimes" analogy.  Values quality over quantity it seems. 

Archived