• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barclays Premier League- 2016/17 Season Thread

Ja  Rhule

9 hours ago, ARSEN said:

Arsenal fans are fuming... They want Kroenke to sell the club ASAP.  Thierry Henry spill the beans today...  He said Arsenal is ran like a business instead of soccer club.  The main goal of Kroenke is to make money, not to win.  He said Kroenke does not care about trophies..  The players are not thrilled at all... Looks like this will not be a good season for Arsenal.

I always had this suspicion when Arsenal's board would talk about how much money they had, but make like 1 splash in the transfer window and that was it. A lot of people blamed Wenger, but I always thought there were two sides to that story. That can be a toxic situation. Hopefully he does what is best for the club.

^^^

You pied that?? Man, that's friggin COLD bro... lol

I'm not stressed. We'll definitely miss him, but Vorm is a very serviceable backup, and if it's only four weeks, we should be ok. Hopefully, he makes it back 110% healthy before that predicted timeframe.

13 minutes ago, Raskle said:

^^^

You pied that?? Man, that's friggin COLD bro... lol

I'm not stressed. We'll definitely miss him, but Vorm is a very serviceable backup, and if it's only four weeks, we should be ok. Hopefully, he makes it back 110% healthy before that predicted timeframe.

I've always rated Vorm. Very solid keeper.

On August 16, 2016 at 7:15 AM, DirtyMagic97 said:

I always had this suspicion when Arsenal's board would talk about how much money they had, but make like 1 splash in the transfer window and that was it. A lot of people blamed Wenger, but I always thought there were two sides to that story. That can be a toxic situation. Hopefully he does what is best for the club.

Rumors is Arsenal 30% shareholder Usamov is ready to dump Arsenal stock and invest in Everton because Stan Kroenke is running the club into the ground.  I see many Arsenal fans switching club very soon.

I just can't believe that we miss Dembele so much. We look absolutely flat, no spark whatsoever. Granted, we've had plenty of chances to score this game, and we haven't capitalized at all. But to play so.. ho hum... is weird to me. Well, that, and the fact we're a 4-4-2 - I haven't seen that in a year and a half.

27 minutes ago, Raskle said:

Not such a good start for your guys... Is Wenger trying to go out in "sabotage" style?

From what I read is Kroenke installed US business model where Arsenal can only spend surplus on transfers...  So even tho Arsenal has around £300M in cash on their books back in June.  Their debt is £260M.  So they spent £35M on Xhaka and now brake even.  Wenger is a scapegoat...  He is not given the $$$ to build his team so he's using surplus midfielders and plays them all over...  Striker, defense, attacking winger...  Kroenke has no business to run a soccer team... Let alone Arsenal.

Chelsea, MU, City have aggressive revenue approach.  Kraonke have an option to follow their footsteps but  it would require to sacrifice returns for few years which clearly he's not ok with.  Kraonke is the guy who organized Arsenal financial approach and research showed he severely misjudged soccer market.  He focused on increasing revenue from ticket sales (like NFL).  But PL cash flow is generated by TV deals and player sales.  So he forced Wenger to sale all Arsenal best players to payoff his fug up stadium idea.  Now he operates Arsenal in safe state with zero debt in case he decides to sell Arsenal shares.

Archived