• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Batum signs with Hornets 5yr/120mil

24 minutes ago, MichaelNewtonII said:

Russell Westbrook & Oladipo > Horford & Isaiah thomas

KD isn't going to Boston

more like RW + Adams > IT + Horford

But Bradley > Oladipo, Crowder > Kanter etc etc

Still doesn't matter since KD is gonna sign a 1+1 with OKC and then make more $$$ in FA in 2 years when the cap goes up again.

30/30 GM's would take Bradley.

I don't agree.

Oladipo is 23 and avery bradley is 25 with Oladipo being the better ALL-AROUND player. Let's look at the numbers.

Avery Bradley (age 25):

33.4 mpg

15.2 ppg

2.9 reb

2.1 ast

1.5stl

0.3blk

44.7 fg%

36.1 3pt%

78.0 ft%

Victor Oladipo (age 23):

33.0 mpg

16.0 ppg

4.8 reb

3.9 ast

1.6 stl

0.8 blk

43.8 fg%

34.8 3pt %

83.0 ft%

Oladipo at 2 years younger averages more points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals, and shoots 5% better from the line while shooting under 1% less than bradley from the field and under 2% less than bradley from downtown. Oladipo is also a severely underrated perimeter defender I heard something on Colin cowherds show earlier this week where he threw a Stat out there that said Oladipo ranked 6th in perimeter defense or something like that but I can't remember what it was. Now let's check out avery bradleys numbers when he was 23 like Oladipo is now to see how far along each were at the same age.

Avery Bradley (age 23):

31.0 mpg

14.9 ppg

3.8 reb

1.4 ast

1.1 stl

0.2 blk

42.9 fg%

39.5 3pt%

80.0 ft%

So Oladipo at the age of 23 was better in every single Stat except for 3pt% but if you look at bradleys numbers he had that career high 39.5% from deep because of the low volume in which he took the shot, he was 79/200 on the season at age 23 and the next 2 years his volume of the shot has increased and his percentage dropped both years and he has current rate of 36.1%, he was 147/407 on the year. Now if I'm a gm looking at these numbers and factoring in age, I'm taking Oladipo every single time.

1 minute ago, MichaelNewtonII said:

I don't agree.

Avery Bradley (age 25): / 33.4 mpg / 15.2 ppg / 2.9 reb / 2.1 ast / 1.5stl / 0.3blk / 44.7 fg% / 36.1 3pt% / 78.0 ft%

Victor Oladipo (age 23): 33.0 mpg / 16.0 ppg / 4.8 reb / 3.9 ast / 1.6 stl / 0.8 blk / 43.8 fg% / 34.8 3pt % / 83.0 ft%

Oladipo at 2 years younger averages more points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals, and shoots 5% better from the line while shooting under 1% less than bradley from the field and under 2% less than bradley from downtown. Oladipo is also a severely underrated perimeter defender I heard something on Colin cowherds show earlier this week where he threw a Stat out there that said Oladipo ranked 6th in perimeter defense or something like that but I can't remember what it was. Now let's check out avery bradleys numbers when he was 23 like Oladipo is now to see how far along each were at the same age.

First of all, Oladipo is 24 and Bradley is 25. Like you said, Bradley shoots 1% and 2% better from the floor and from deep, respectively. Also he only shoots 2% worse from the line (its 78% vs 80%). Call it a wash on offense. They are both young players who have not reached their full potential, but Bradley is the better defender as he has made two all-defensive teams in 5 years. Any statistical advantage Oladipo has is a result of his much higher Usage Rate (22.9% vs 19.8%).

I think the Thunder won the trade by getting Oladipo but they would be a better team with Bradley at SG.

First of all, Oladipo is 24 and Bradley is 25. Like you said, Bradley shoots 1% and 2% better from the floor and from deep, respectively. Also he only shoots 2% worse from the line (its 78% vs 80%). Call it a wash on offense. They are both young players who have not reached their full potential, but Bradley is the better defender as he has made two all-defensive teams in 5 years. Any statistical advantage Oladipo has is a result of his much higher Usage Rate (22.9% vs 19.8%).

I think the Thunder won the trade by getting Oladipo but they would be a better team with Bradley at SG.

Oladipo was 23 this season according to basketball-reference.com... Oladipo shot 83% at the line this as compared to 78% for bradley that's a 5% difference.. I agree it's about a wash on offense but I'm assuming Oladipo at age 25 will be better than bradley is at 25

2 hours ago, MichaelNewtonII said:

Oladipo was 23 this season according to basketball-reference.com... Oladipo shot 83% at the line this as compared to 78% bradley that's a 5% difference.. I agree it's about a wash on offense but I'm assuming Oladipo at age 25 will be better than bradley is at 25

Oladipo is a career 80% FT shooter vs Bradley's 78%. Oladipo is only a year and a half younger than Bradley.

Oladipo is a career 80% FT shooter vs Bradley's 78%. Oladipo is only a year and a half younger than Bradley.

Career doesn't matter at this point what matters is what they're producing now.. and that means with a year and a half less development Oladipo is already as good or better than bradley

34 minutes ago, MichaelNewtonII said:

Career doesn't matter at this point what matters is what they're producing now.. and that means with a year and a half less development Oladipo is already as good or better than bradley

my point is that year-to-year #'s fluctuate meaning that any supposed "advantage" Oladipo has in FT% is really not as drastic as it seems when boiled down to career averages. I think Oladipo has a higher ceiling offensively than Bradley but I can't see how you could argue that Oladipo is better when Bradley is a far superior defender and has been for his whole career.

my point is that year-to-year #'s fluctuate meaning that any supposed "advantage" Oladipo has in FT% is really not as drastic as it seems when boiled down to career averages. I think Oladipo has a higher ceiling offensively than Bradley but I can't see how you could argue that Oladipo is better when Bradley is a far superior defender and has been for his whole career.

Oladipo defense rating was 105.4 last season... Avery Bradley's was 105.6 so in actuality Oladipo was the better defender last year.

Perception may tell you Bradley is a better defender but he isn't actually. As a matter of fact Jae Crowder, Evan Turner, and Marcus Smart all posted better defensive ratings than Bradley last year so he isn't even the best defender on his team

OKC is a lot better, but Boston is a bigger market. Just can't rule them out. 

Cant rule GSW out as well 

Well report just came out that kd will make his decision tommorow and will be choosing between Oklahoma City and golden state so I guess Boston is a no go. I knew that KD wasn't stupid.

Archived