• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam getting a concussion was his fault

TheSpecialJuan

20 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Guy risked major injury to try and make a near impossible stop. If that was the only tackle he could make from that angle then it wasn't worth it. We shouldn't encourage trying to make the play at all costs.

Cam was clearly too nonchalant about it and I'm sure the LB was still seeing red after being taunted. Both were boneheaded and they're lucky that only one of their brains got rocked on that stupid play.

This happens a lot with Cam. That is part of his problem. 

5 minutes ago, ickmule said:

This happens a lot with Cam. That is part of his problem. 

What in the f*ck is nonchalant to you about 50 touchdowns last year? Not to mention he currently holds the record for most touchdowns rushing/passing this early into his career.

Ya know, it might help to invest in a quality OL for such a rare talent at QB instead of just watching him get drilled over, and over. Pair that with a lack of running game, we're lucky we score points at all.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

What in the f*ck is nonchalant to you about 50 touchdowns last year? Not to mention he currently holds the record for most touchdowns rushing/passing this early into his career.

Ya know, it might help to invest in a quality OL for such a rare talent at QB instead of just watching him get drilled over, and over. Pair that with a lack of running game, we're lucky we score points at all.

Never said he was nonchalant all of the time, but he does pull that often and this time it got his bell rung. If you can't see it when he does it you just aren't paying attention. I've said it since he was at Auburn. 

3 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Never said he was nonchalant all of the time, but he does pull that often and this time it got his bell rung. If you can't see it when he does it you just aren't paying attention. I've said it since he was at Auburn. 

The guy puts his body on the line week in, and week out. We've seen him do it for years.

I'm sorry, but I'm just not buying this sort of bizarre criticism of a guy who literally back flips over defenders to get into the end zone for his team.

Greg Olsen damn sure doesn't think Newton is nonchalant in his efforts. He's discussed at length what Newton does on the field for his teammates. Is he wrong or misinformed? 

Just now, TheRed said:

The guy puts his body on the line week in, and week out. We've seen him do it for years.

I'm sorry, but I'm just not buying this sort of bizarre criticism of a guy who literally back flips over defenders to get into the end zone for his team.

Greg Olsen damn sure doesn't think Newton is nonchalant in his efforts. He's discussed at length what Newton does on the field for his teammates. Is he wrong or misinformed? 

You don't really think Olsen would say anything if he did feel that way do you? Like I said, he does it, but its not even 10% of the time and this time it has likely knocked him out of the next game. Truth is, it may be the best thing for Cam and the team that he doesn't play this week.  People act like Cam is perfect and can do no wrong. Not saying you, but to some all of the problems with this team are everyones except Cam. I think Cam is just as big a problem as any other player. He has a crappy attitude at times and it certainly affects others. He comes out flat as hell at times and it affects others. Do you see the greats come out flat? You may, but they shake it off and don't display it. I blame coaching for a lot of what is going on right now, but the players are to blame too, Cam included. 

1 minute ago, ickmule said:

You don't really think Olsen would say anything if he did feel that way do you? Like I said, he does it, but its not even 10% of the time and this time it has likely knocked him out of the next game. Truth is, it may be the best thing for Cam and the team that he doesn't play this week.  People act like Cam is perfect and can do no wrong. Not saying you, but to some all of the problems with this team are everyones except Cam. I think Cam is just as big a problem as any other player. He has a crappy attitude at times and it certainly affects others. He comes out flat as hell at times and it affects others. Do you see the greats come out flat? You may, but they shake it off and don't display it. I blame coaching for a lot of what is going on right now, but the players are to blame too, Cam included. 

Never said Cam does not share blame for this situation. But he clearly isn't completely healthy either. We've used him as a battering ram for years. Now our OL is struggling. Things take a toll.

As far as coming out flat, Jeremy discussed that before the game even started, and certainly wasn't one player, it was the team.

Olsen never struck me as a bullshitter. He's a very bright guy. He says what he feels. Such a suggestion is a weak deflection.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Never said Cam does not share blame for this situation. But he clearly isn't completely healthy either. We've used him as a battering ram for years. Now our OL is struggling. Things take a toll.

As far as coming out flat, Jeremy discussed that before the game even started, and certainly wasn't one player, it was the team.

Olsen never struck me as a bullshitter. He's a very bright guy. He says what he feels. Such a suggestion is a weak deflection.

He's not a bullshitter, but he certainly wouldn't go public with any true feelings to call out a player, especially the QB. 

58 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Guy risked major injury to try and make a near impossible stop. If that was the only tackle he could make from that angle then it wasn't worth it. We shouldn't encourage trying to make the play at all costs.

Cam was clearly too nonchalant about it and I'm sure the LB was still seeing red after being taunted. Both were boneheaded and they're lucky that only one of their brains got rocked on that stupid play.

Lol

19 hours ago, MechaZain said:

I don't believe he went for his head. He was trying to stop him at the line and didn't have enough time to square up. But It's a dangerous hit nonetheless and we should be condemning tackles like that every time intentional or not. We're only talking about how Cam should have avoided it and not how the LB shouldn't have done it in the first place.

i see the confusion here. Let me explain. The defender is tryng to stop the runner from crossing the goal line. Yes, i suppose you're right. It would be great for the runner if both parties could mutually agree to avoid contact and I suppose as an added benefit would be fewer injuries. Let me contemplate this idea. For some reason I fear it might interfere with the gameplay. 

40 minutes ago, TheRed said:

#blameitonCam

Archived