• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

January 2016 Transfer Window

Ja  Rhule

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Arsenal would have to fend off Real Madrid first. It doesn't matter though. Bayern won't sell him.

In other news, James Rodriguez wants out. Future of Los Blancos? Hahaha, I knew this day would come. I'm happy to see it. He was so overrated like Pogba. Kroos, Modric, Kovacic, Isco, Casemiro and Asensio. That's all we need.

As much $$$ Arsenal is making, they can fend of Real Madrid if they want to.  With new TV deal in place in EPL, EPL top teams are absolutely loaded with cash.

Arsenal actually really considering a bid for Drexler. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pantherphan96 said:

Apparently Alexis Sanchez has offers from PSG, Inter, and a Chinese league team. Wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.

Depends for how much tho.  He might hang around to see who is the new coach.  Arsenal has amazing talent but terrible coaching has been the issue for the past few seasons. No clue why Wenger forced Giroud into starting role causing the team chemistry to go lights years back.  Starting Elnany over Xhaka and play Ozil and Ramsey as wingers.  It's like Wenger wakes up and chooses formation and then chooses randomly out of 16 players who will play where...  his game plans makes zero sense and cause major miscommunications among players.

On 1/5/2017 at 3:36 PM, pantherphan96 said:

Apparently Alexis Sanchez has offers from PSG, Inter, and a Chinese league team. Wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.

Reports today that Alexis is close to signing new contract, Ozil not so much.

58 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Dude...

Nobody is gonna choose Arsenal over Real Madrid, especially with Wegner. Come on, man. You guys would have to offer the maximum and then some.

It's Wenger last season...  plus EPL is becoming too hot too rich.  Real Madrid $$$ willl drop off big time in the next few years.

2 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

You've been saying that for awhile... not happening, man. 

Two out of the last three Champion's League titles have belonged to Madrid. We could literally repeat this season again too. The only squad out there that could match our firepower are Bayern and Barcelona, and they're not looking that hot on defense. No EPL team is a threat.

We've gotten much younger too. Vallejo, Asensio, Kovacic, Mariano, etc. Not to mention we are strongly connected with Alaba (still), Dybala, Donnarumma, etc. And you think we're heading off a cliff?

Get real. Madrid is gonna be in your way for a long, long time... unless you wanna overspend like Manchester United has. 

You do know EPL teams make more TV money than CL teams right?  Most EPL teams see it as a bonus.  The EPL is getting pumped with $$$ right now because of Saturday and Sunday games, unfortunately CL is not watched much in US and not many people care. I did said EPL will get pumped with money and I was correct.  And watch rediculous sponsorship deals EPL will get going forward compared to La Liga.  Real is running on fumes, barely balancing their book every year.

Deloitte 2016 study showed that out of 12 top revenue clubs in the world, 6 located in EPL.  Arsenal revenue is only €100M less a year than Real Madrid (was €250M 5 years ago...) see where it's going?  Arsenal net profit is actually more due to smaller salaries and smaller expenses (like paid off brand new stadium).  That's why Arsenal is loaded with cash and Real need to ask Manchester City owner for £300M investment.

23 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

I could care less really. Madrid should've fallen off the cliff 20 years ago with that logic. EPL blowhards have claimed that Madrid and Barcelona are running on fumes for how long now??? And yet, they still attract your best players and stars like Bale and Suarez. You EPL guys might get more attention but what matters is who still acquires the talent and wins at the end of the day. 

If you want to brag about the money and views, cool. The Spanish Giants will just brag about their trophies and accolades while luring away your best player(s). 

By the way, if you're gonna make bold claims, I got one for you too. La Liga will eventually overtake the EPL despite your television contract. I see more Madrid and Barcelona merchandise being worn in Latin America, the Middle East and Asia (mostly India) than EPL merchandise.

Like I said, I'm not worried about Madrid's revenue stream. They've got Microsoft, The Emirates, Audi, and Adidas. According to Forbes, Madrid will be numero uno by a mile in terms of sponsorships by 2018. Florentino might be suck at building a squad but he knows how to do business.

Not sure what you are talking about because EPL deal finally was effective this year.  Also, La Liga more popular?  Lol... Hilarious with US owners purchasing EPL teams left and right.  You can "wish" Real was more successful but reality is different...  Real is struggling financially because they bite more they can chew and no one gives a poo about La Liga except poor countries. I gave you Deloitte statistic, you gave me wishful thinking.  Good talk.

1 hour ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

By the way, if you're gonna make bold claims, I got one for you too. La Liga will eventually overtake the EPL despite your television contract. I see more Madrid and Barcelona merchandise being worn in Latin America, the Middle East and Asia (mostly India) than EPL merchandise.

Barca and Real are far superior to every EPL team in class but La Liga will never compete with the EPL in TV contracts. La Liga only has 3 competitive teams while the PL has 5+ competitors in City, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs. 

Also think that with more USA National Team players playing in the EPL Americans will start to root more for EPL teams like they did with Everton when Howard was there.

Can't believe Wenger bid £60M for a player I never heard of before who plays in a shitty division with very little track record.  Sounds like a desperation move to me. I'm kind of glad Torino manager is being a moron and rejected the bid.  I wouldn't pay £30M for that guy, let alone £60M.  Looks like Wenger wants new contract from Arsenal which is unlikely with him fugups this season.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10722292/torino-reject-56m-arsenal-bid-for-andrea-belotti

Archived