• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talked to a Steelers Fan...

PanthersFanNY

The only thing that keep the Steelers winning SBs is Dick LeBeau. He is one of the best if not The best DC in the NFL. He has a knack for scouting talent as well as exploiting opponents.

Yeah, he's one hell of a DC and the Steelers won't be the same when he leaves.

What does that have to do with anything? Are you saying that Fox has wanted to draft a QB but Hurney refused?

The Steelers FO runs the draft, you know that right?

You said Big Ben was the only #1 Cowher ever drafted, not me. Maybe you can show me where you get the idea I said Fox wanted a 1st round QB but Hurney didn't.

The Steelers FO runs the draft, you know that right?

You said Big Ben was the only #1 Cowher ever drafted, not me. Maybe you can show me where you get the idea I said Fox wanted a 1st round QB but Hurney didn't.

So you're saying that Cowher had no imput on draft day? I don't believe that for a second. In fact, if not Cowher, then who was the GM of the Steelers when he was there?

So you're saying that Cowher had no imput on draft day? I don't believe that for a second. In fact, if not Cowher, then who was the GM of the Steelers when he was there?

Ok, if you feel Cowher was pulling the strings...

Neil O'Donnell, a #3 pick was there when he took over for Knoll. Kordell Stewart was drafted with a 2nd round pick under Cowher's tenure. Not drafted by, but Tammy Maddox was a former #1 pick before he jonied the Steelers. Then there was Big Ben. That's about it for Cowhers' time in Steel town. Happy?

So to sum up you had a 3rd rounder, a 2nd rounder and two 1st rounders.

Ok, if you feel Cowher was pulling the strings...

Neil O'Donnell, a #3 pick was there when he took over for Knoll. Kordell Stewart was drafted with a 2nd round pick under Cowher's tenure. Not drafted by, but Tammy Maddox was a former #1 pick before he jonied the Steelers. Then there was Big Ben. That's about it for Cowhers' time in Steel town. Happy?

Hell, I was just asking because I don't remember ever hearing a name mentioned besides the owner and Cowher when it came to who was running the Steelers. Either way, that's not exactly a great track record for drafting QB's. From what I remember, it was always the defense and running game that was the strength of Cowher's teams, which ironically enough, is exactly what Fox wants.

Interesting though this myth that the Panthers, like the Steelers don't draft QBs in the early rounds.

The Steelers do, the Panthers don't (with the exception of Collins).

Yeah, but the Panthers have only been in existence about the same amount of time that Cowher's career lasted in Pittsburgh, so that's not exactly a fair comparison, especially since Kerry Collins quit on them. Just think, he could still be the Panthers starting QB right now if he wouldn't have been such an asshole. It's amazing how the actions of one person can change history.

Archived