• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bundesliga 2017/18

Goondal

Round II draw is in.  The highlight is Bayern visiting Leipzig.  Top two finishers in last season’s Bundesliga and one will be out in the Round of 32.  Wow!  There are three other match-ups between Bundesliga clubs.

It was not a great draw for the lower division teams.  Two of the five teams below the second division were drawn against Dortmund and Schalke

October 24-25
Schweinfurt 05 (IV) v. Eintracht Frankfurt
VfL Osnabück (III) v. 1. FC Nürnburg (II)
SC Paderborn (III) v. VfL Bochum (II)
1.  FC Magdeburg (III) v. Bourssia Dortmund
Wehen Wiesbaden (III) v. Schalke 04
Greuther Fürth (II) FC Ingolstadt (II)
Jahn Regensburg (II) v. 1. FC Heidenheim (II)
Fortuna Düsseldorf (II) v. Borussia Möchengladbach
1. FC Kaiserslautern (II) v. VfB Stuttgart
SC Freiburg v. Dynamo Dresden (II)
Mainz 05 v. Holstein Kiel (II)
Bayer Leverkusen v. Union Berlin (II)
RB Leipzig v. Bayern München 
Hertha Berlin v. 1. FC Köln
VfL Wolfsburg v. Hanover 96
Werder Bremen v. 1899 Hoffenheim

• 3 weeks later...

Did not watch much live as I was more focused on Irma but these days off gave me the chance to catch up on the games the last two days.

Bayern looked pitiful (Bayern 0:2 Hoffenheim).  There really is nothing special going on there at the moment.  They will right the ship but the beginning of the season has not looked exceptional at all.  Hopefully they open up UCL by taking their frustration out of poor Anderlecht.  I think Hoffenheim could end up with a decent Europa campaign.  As much as it sucks only having three Bundesliga teams in UCL I think that they are better suited to be successful there, at least this season.

Dortmund had around 80% of the possession and spend the final hour a man up and still could not find the back of the net (Dortmund 0:0 Freiburg).  This was just one of those games, nothing to be concerned about for them I do not think.  They sit atop the table with seven points and still have yet to surrender a goal.  Freiburg is going to struggle this season although I guess getting a point here is something for them to simply about.

The most interesting game was Hannover 96 equalizing in seventy-fifth minute at Wolfsburg to remain unbeaten.  Their return to the Bundesliga has certainly gotten off to a good start.

I am updating the table in the first post for anybody that is interested.

Happy to see that Bayern seems to be playing much better the last two matches.  Having fun watching James.  That being said, Neuer is out until January, which just plain sucks.  Second foot injury this year.  Hopefully this does not become a thing with the World Cup next summer.

Another 2-0 advantage.  Another blown lead.  Two more points dropped.  What an embarrassment.

Ribery is likely done with an ACL as well.  At least Freiburg helped us out by beating Hoffenheim.  They somehow have a win and a draw against Hoffenheim and Dortmund but are 1-0-4 against everyone else.

Five points down is not a good start.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I have not been able to keep to probably zero readers I have updates, but there are those occasional months where teaching destroys your ability to do anything else.

Anyway, Der Klassiker is tomorrow and I urge everybody to watch.  After defeating Leipzig last weekend my boys look to take a stranglehold tomorrow!

I love you Jupp!!!

DFB Pokal Second Round Results

October 24
Schweinfurt 05 (IV) 0:4 Eintracht Frankfurt
SC Paderborn (III) 2:0 VfL Bochum (II)
1.  FC Magdeburg (III) 0:5 Bourssia Dortmund
Wehen Wiesbaden (III) 1:3 Schalke 04
Greuther Fürth (II) 1:3 FC Ingolstadt (II)
Fortuna Düsseldorf (II) 0:1 Borussia Möchengladbach
Mainz 05 3:2 (a.e.t) Holstein Kiel (II)
Bayer Leverkusen 4:1 Union Berlin (II)

October 24
VfL Osnabück (III) 2:3 1. FC Nürnburg (II)
Jahn Regensburg (II) 2:5 1. FC Heidenheim (II)
1. FC Kaiserslautern (II) 1:3 VfB Stuttgart
SC Freiburg 3:1 Dynamo Dresden (II)
RB Leipzig 1:1 (a.e.t) (4:5 p) Bayern München 
Hertha Berlin 1:3 1. FC Köln
VfL Wolfsburg 1:0 Hanover 96
Werder Bremen 1:0 1899 Hoffenheim

DFB Pokal Round of 16 Draw

Only four lower division clubs remain with only one from below the second division.  Paderborn and Ingolstadt do play each other though so at least one will make the Quarterfinals and both Nürnburg and Heidenheim are at home.  FC Köln are also still alive and they may as well be a second division team at this point.

December 19-20
Mainz 05 v. VfB Stuttgart
1. FC Nürnburg (II) v. VfB Wolfsburg
Bayern München v. Borussia Dortmund
1. FC Heidenheim (II) v. Eintracht Frankfurt
Werder Bremen v. SC Freiburg
Borussia Monchengladbach v. Bayer Leverkusen
SC Paderborn (III) v. FC Ingolstadt (II)
Schalke 04 v. 1. FC Köln

• 1 month later...

DFB Pokal Round of 16 Results

December 19
Mainz 05 3:1 VfB Stuttgart
1. FC Nürnburg (II) 0:2 (a.e.t.) VfB Wolfsburg
SC Paderborn (III)
1:0 FC Ingolstadt (II)

Schalke 04 1:0 1. FC Köln

December 20
Borussia Monchengladbach 0:1 Bayer Leverkusen
Bayern München 2:1 Borussia Dortmund
1. FC Heidenheim (II) 1:2 (a.e.t.) Eintracht Frankfurt
Werder Bremen 3:2 SC Freiburg

Third division Paderborn (granted they are atop 3.Liga) is the lone remaining team not from the top level.

Archived