• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

World Cup Draw

Shocker

As expected with the draw changes the draw is fairly even...should be a great WC.

GROUP A: Russia, Uruguay, Egypt, Saudi Arabia

GROUP B: Portugal, Spain, Iran, Morocco

GROUP C: France, Peru, Denmark, Australia

GROUP D: Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria

GROUP E: Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia

GROUP F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea

GROUP G: Belgium, England, Tunisia, Panama

GROUP H: Poland, Colombia, Senegal, Japan

Happy with Germany’s draw.  Their group has a whole is likely one of the top two but nobody that should overly threaten.  If they take care of their business then it opens things up to the semi-finals with the Swiss likely awaiting in the Ro16 and Poland/Colombia/England the likely QF opponent.

Now if Brazil and/or Belgium fail to win their group then that all changes.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:51 PM, Still Brooklyn said:

Pretty simple to see which squads advance.

Yeah, agreed for the most part.  You could take the first two teams in every group and probably do well.  E, F and H have possible upset teams in second place but for the most part the favorites should advance.  Sleepers for me are Senegal and Serbia.  Group E is my toughest all those teams are fairly tough.  Group D a close second in difficulty.

Am I the only one that thinks Portugal is going to have a scare? I still expect them to go through but if they open up with Spain the way they did with Germany four years ago and Iran/Morocco is not a draw then things could get interesting for a few days. 

15 hours ago, Goondal said:

Am I the only one that thinks Portugal is going to have a scare? I still expect them to go through but if they open up with Spain the way they did with Germany four years ago and Iran/Morocco is not a draw then things could get interesting for a few days. 

Not seeing Iran or Morocco hanging with Portugal or Spain.  Now, Argentina is amazingly talented but that group could be tricky for them.

Archived