• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matthew Willig on Dexter.

KintnerBoy

He couldn't have been too bad considering he has a SB ring plus helped get us to our only one. Just saying.

I don't remember him playing at all during our SuperBowl season.....I do remember him from the 2004 season when injuries decimated our line.

Willig was primarily used on special teams. At least that was his intended use until injuries forced us to start him. He was the skinniest o-lineman I've seen since I played high school ball in the seventies, looking much the same when he played as he does in that Dexter pic above. He was okay in kick coverage, at least better than some we have this year. As a starting o-lineman, sucked isn't quite strong enough for an accurate description of his prowess.

Looking back on it, if Willig didn't throw that flag and we make the field goal (to tie I believe) and somehow win that game, we wouldn't have had to win the last game against New Orleans and would have made the playoffs. :lol:

I think we still would've needed the win against the Saints as there was a log jam of several teams at 8-8 and divisional record was the second tie-breaker. So it might have not made a difference. I think that was also the game where Peppers picked off the pass and then ran out of gas and fumbled on the one for a touchback, so we were really trying hard not to win that one.

Archived