• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tell me about video gaming these days (Specifically Xbox)

Hotsauce

2 hours ago, 4Corners said:

So I’ve played like 7 games of FortNite. Best I’ve finished is #17. No kills yet but got close. Can people cheat in this game? I get the feeling the last person who killed me was cheating. 

No cheating in this game that I am aware of. Been playing for about a week or so. This game is addictive. 

My dumbass paid $40 for it when I bought my Xbox not knowing it was free for multiplayer 

21 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Finally got my first kill. Is there a tip on how to shoot more accurately?

There is a RNG for bloom in the game. Basically, shoot faster than the other person. I don't know if this is confirmed, but higher classes of weapons have less bloom.

(Weapons in order from worst to best: white > green > blue > purple > gold)

Also, some of the recent updates have caused issues with latency and desync. What you see on your screen may not necessarily be what actually happened.

12 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Have a total of two kills in like 12 matches. Def not hooked to this game but I can see its appeal. 

Well that sucks. Are you playing solo or queueing up with a team? Sometimes working with a team can help you better pick and choose your fights. When I first started playing, I simply performed janitorial duties. I'd wait for others to fight it out, then swoop in and attack the winner before he had a chance to reload or pick up better weapons from his downed opponent.

However, I started playing back in the fall. The game wasn't nearly as popular and everyone didn't know exactly how to play. It was a little easier back then. Now there are more players playing at higher skill levels, so I'm sure it is much harder for someone just starting.  

3 hours ago, Chimera said:

Well that sucks. Are you playing solo or queueing up with a team? Sometimes working with a team can help you better pick and choose your fights. When I first started playing, I simply performed janitorial duties. I'd wait for others to fight it out, then swoop in and attack the winner before he had a chance to reload or pick up better weapons from his downed opponent.

However, I started playing back in the fall. The game wasn't nearly as popular and everyone didn't know exactly how to play. It was a little easier back then. Now there are more players playing at higher skill levels, so I'm sure it is much harder for someone just starting.  

Solo. Will try team. No headset. 

Ahh, ok. When you join a team as a random, the other guys are usually in party chat and it won't make much difference, anyway. However, a good headset + Dolby Atmos for Headphones (or Microsoft Sonic) adds a layer of awareness in FortNite.

3 hours ago, Chimera said:

Ahh, ok. When you join a team as a random, the other guys are usually in party chat and it won't make much difference, anyway. However, a good headset + Dolby Atmos for Headphones (or Microsoft Sonic) adds a layer of awareness in FortNite.

I’m gonna get a headset which ones should I get that won’t break the bank?

ive been watching DrDisRespect twitch and YouTube. poo is so funny. 

I had this one in the past https://www.target.com/p/dreamgear-xbox-one-grx-340-gaming-headset/-/A-52061575

They're not great, but they serve their purpose fairly well.  It works well with Windows Sonic (free on Xbox, enable in settings) and Dolby Atmos for Headphones (also in your Xbox settings, but costs $14.99 I think). They are virtual surround sound programs. Atmos works a little better in Fortnite and it comes with a free trial period if you want to compare the programs for yourself.

1 hour ago, Chimera said:

Is there something wrong with cookie cutters?

Don’t even waste your time with that loser. He is the laughingstock of this entire message board, and close to being banned. Only a very insecure, lonely, pathetic moron would post outrageous stories/lies on a message board for attention. 

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Don’t even waste your time with that loser. He is the laughingstock of this entire message board, and close to being banned. Only a very insecure, lonely, pathetic moron would post outrageous stories/lies on a message board for attention. 

I'm sure. I had him blocked, but seeing a notification got the better of me and I clicked to see his message. Of course it was a waste of time.

Archived