• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints defense takes a hit: CB Patrick Robinson placed on IR

Saca312

1 minute ago, wud35 said:

I won't lie, I hate both teams. But that was ugly and wrong. 

It happens every week. Definitely a rule that needs to be addressed.

1 minute ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

why is it trash but not dirty? what makes it trash exactly if not the apparent "dirty" quality of the play?

good clean play courtesy of a good clean player from a good clean organization imo. no one broke any rules and robinson got what was coming to him i guess

Because dirty would mean I felt like there was an intent to injure, which I don't believe there is. Trash, because there are multiple ways he could have taken on a man 1/3 of his size without diving at his legs. 

I guess he did. Probably deserved it, being a dirty player, from a dirty organization that broke the rules.

2 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

this is nonsensical. if he blocked a player in a way that's allowed by the rules with no intent to injure then how can you call it trash? he did it legally and didn't try to hurt him so why should he be expected to engage his man in a way that satisfies you? you're trying to thread the needle here and i'm here to tell you: it's not gonna happen. if you accept that it's legal and that he had no intent to injure him then uh...you just sound mad that your guy got hurt? sucks but that's just how it goes. players get hurt. interesting that you were whining that "softies like (me)" were making it impossible to sack the quarterback but now we need to drop everything to protect players from...getting rolled up on? who's the "softy" again?

Not mad. 

Not threading a needle. 

If you think this play is ok, while we have a rule that states a defender can't land on a QB, that's fine, but I'll disagree. 

You're still soft. 

If you're going to follow me around and try to bother me, you're gonna have a bad time. It's an impossible task.

Just now, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

you're whining about a far less egregious hit. one that you yourself admit was legal and done without intent to injure. maybe contact sports aren't for you?

Less egrigious than?

Maybe they aren't. Maybe I'll continue watching anyway. 

Maybe in 10 years I'll be complaining about this hit on a message board. Telling Falcon fans not to talk about rules lol.

Just now, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

lol you're confusing people here because you're trying to suggest that it was bad or wrong while also calling it legal and without ill intent. your argument could easily be extended to banning tackles if you're unwilling to call it a dirty play.

I don't feel like my stance is all that confusing.

1. I don't think olinemen intend to injure on this sort of play.

2. I do think there are multiple ways to take on a man, typically much smaller than you, without diving at his legs.

3. While not dirty, I do view it as a dangerous play, one unnecessary in the game of tackle football. If you're playing tackle football, tackles are necessary. Blocking a man attempting to tackle someone else by diving at his legs, is not necessary. 

Are you finished? Or are you done?

12 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

no you dont. he explicitly stated that it was not a dirty play.

GFY. You are making an ass of yourself 

dirty, unnecessary, ugly. It’s all the same thing. 

No reason to barrel roll dive at someone’s legs. I feel the same way when I see people trying to roll ankles after the tackle. Specifically remember someone doing that to Greg Olsen one game as he tried to get into the end zone. Dirty.

6 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

if they're the same then why did he explicitly state otherwise? you're confused and that's ok. he's making a very confusing argument. no need to take it out on me just because i had enough sense to realize it.

I’m not over analyzing it. Im a male. I take the point he made and it’s simple enough. 

3 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

then it's stupid to call it "trash"

there are multiple ways to do lots of things. why should he have to stop and consider his (legal) options in that instant? he got the job done. sorry your player got hurt but if you're unwilling to describe the play as dirty then you sound no different than the people who lobbied for the current interpretation of roughing the passer .

just a reminder that you popped up in one of the threads after kazee tried to end cam's life to:

1) defend bountygate

2) say that i was "shedding tears about those mean old football players"

3) call me a "softy" (because you were admittedly too chickenshit to say what you meant), specifically saying that "softies like you are making it impossible to sack the quarterback"

and now we're supposed to give a poo about your scrub going down on what you consider a legal play with no intent to injure? you call it "trash" but not "dirty" because you're trying to maintain some degree of consistency between this topic and your comments on the countless dirty hits cam has sustained throughout his career. you're a saints homer which is bad enough but worst of all you're very uninteresting. go back to saintsreport, tia.

It was trash.

There are mutliple ways to hit Cam when he's running. Why should players have to make a decision in that instance not to hit him in the head?

The thread wasn't even directly discussing the hit, neither was I. I was commenting that people just ignore the fact that penalties have the same fine, no matter what the reason for the penalty. YOU brought up Bountygate, to which I said idgaf. You are most certainly still soft lol. 

I never told you to give a poo. In fact, you were more than able to scroll right past my post on a thread about the injury, that I didn't start, but you commented anyway. Once again, there seems to be some type of inference that I ever condoned a dirty hit on Cam, which I haven't, and wasn't even discussing in the thread that got the sand in your vagina. 

For being so uninteresting, you've been in my notifications a lot the last few days. Ima go ahead and stay, while you continue to try to bait and bother me into getting banned. Carry on.

14 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

you're almost there!

players should make the decision not to hit him in the head because it's dirty to do so

i've already said that your preferred scrub was taken out on a dirty play. you're the one who cant seem to find any semblance of consistency on the matter. it's "softies" like me who are making it impossible to sack the quarterback yet here you are whining about a legal hit. and i bet i wouldn't have to dig very long to find your tears flowing like a river over the hit thomas davis put on jimmy graham. in my view you're struggling with this one because you like dirty hits when they happen to players you don't like. you like dirty hits when they're the foundation of your trash defense. when they're literally coached by shitstains like payton.

you literally defended bountygate in the year 2018 while whining when your scrubs go down on legal hits. get your poo together dude.

Oh ffs. 

My consistency is fine. You're running in circles. 

I do not think the play was dirty. I do think it's a dangerous play that should be addressed. Cut blocks in general, really. I'm not whining about the hit. I think it's a trash play, every time it happens, not just this weekend. 

I never cried about the Graham hit. In fact, I laughed about the very hypocrisy of the fan base cheering for it and calling it clean when the Saints being dirty gets thrown up so very often. And, if I remember corectly, making the assertion that Davis was a dirty player. 

What dirty hit have I applauded? Show me, or stop saying. 

My poo is fine. As I said carry on.

6 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

it's a legal hit. yet you say it's "softies like me who are making it impossible to sack the quarterback." you know some of us think it's a "trash play" when a defender takes a free shot at a quarterback just because they can. when they go helmet to helmet. but because of "softies like us" they're legislating it out of the game. we're "softies" for never again wanting to see the cheap shots cam has suffered throughout his career but the guy who still defends bountygate wants me to take him seriously when he calls a totally legal play "trash"

you want to maintain this fake tough guy persona when it comes to cheap shots on quarterbacks but let one of your scrubs get rolled up on and it's "i think it's a trash play every time it happens!!!"

you sure didn't mind carrying water for dion jones

camhit2.0.gif

you love this poo when it's happening to cam. you see what you want to see. didn't see any of this "well actually there are multiple ways to tackle someone. that was a trash play" poo then. weird. legal or not, you jumped to blame the victim of the hit. "terrible play by newton." what about terrible play by whatever scrub this thread's about in the first place? get yourself in better position and maybe you could still walk

I didn't read the first part because I'm tired of running in circles lol. I'm sure the next short novel you write will include it anyway.

I still don't see a problem with that hit. Tf is he supposed to do? Let him score? Didn't Cam even say after the game he shouldn't have slowed up? Dive at his legs?

But I guess that's me applauding a "dirty" hit. Go for it. Crucify me.

Archived