• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Insane Best Buy Deal

phidelt649

Check it out for $1200 you get a desktop, lcd monitor, netbook, laptop and router:

* Space-saving HP Slimline desktop (s5212y)

* Thin-profile 18.5" LCD monitor (w1858)

* Media-savvy HP laptop (G60-535DX)

* Compact HP Mini netbook (110-1125NR)

* Speedy NETGEAR Wireless-G router (WGR614)

* Seamless in-home setup of the PCs and router by Geek Squad (4000954811)

&_D%3Ap=+&pu=defaultusr&_D%3Apu=+&pt=1255842001&iht=n&_DARGS=%2Fsite%2Fen_US%2Fsearch%2Ffragments%2Fincludes%2Folssearchparameters.jsp.frmSearchResults"]Click Here for Link

Check it out for $1200 you get a desktop, lcd monitor, netbook, laptop and router:

* Space-saving HP Slimline desktop (s5212y)

* Thin-profile 18.5" LCD monitor (w1858)

* Media-savvy HP laptop (G60-535DX)

* Compact HP Mini netbook (110-1125NR)

* Speedy NETGEAR Wireless-G router (WGR614)

* Seamless in-home setup of the PCs and router by Geek Squad (4000954811)

&_D%3Ap=+&pu=defaultusr&_D%3Apu=+&pt=1255842001&iht=n&_DARGS=%2Fsite%2Fen_US%2Fsearch%2Ffragments%2Fincludes%2Folssearchparameters.jsp.frmSearchResults"]Click Here for Link

I am permanently skeptical of everything Best Buy. Not a single time in my life has Best Buy had the best price on any item. (With the exception of CD's, DVD's and Video games). So without looking up any of those computers, I can only assume they are crap. I know netgear router is crap and I know that I would never let geeksquad within 30yds of any of my possessions.

I'll report back once I look up the comps.

I am permanently skeptical of everything Best Buy. Not a single time in my life has Best Buy had the best price on any item. (With the exception of CD's, DVD's and Video games). So without looking up any of those computers, I can only assume they are crap. I know netgear router is crap and I know that I would never let geeksquad within 30yds of any of my possessions.

I'll report back once I look up the comps.

I agree as far as Best Buy, but the stats aren't that bad:

# Desktop features: Intel® Pentium® processor E5200, 3GB DDR2 SDRAM, double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with LightScribe, 320GB hard drive, Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3100, 6-in-1 media reader and Windows 7 Home Premium

# Monitor features: 18.5" widescreen HD LCD display, ultrafast 5 ms response time, 1000:1 contrast ratio and 2 built-in 2-watt speakers; digital DVI with HDCP and VGA inputs; Quick View modes and tilt for comfortable viewing

# Laptop features: Intel® Pentium® processor T4300, 3GB DDR2 memory, double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with LightScribe, 320GB hard drive and high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g)

# Laptop also features: 15.6" BrightView widescreen, Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M, built-in webcam with microphone, 5-in-1 media reader and Windows 7 Home Premium; sleek HP Imprint finish in piano black

# Netbook features: Intel® Atom™ processor N270, 1GB DDR2 memory, 160GB hard drive, 5-in-1 media reader and high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g)

I'm not an expert on this sort of thing, but that Intel Graphics Media Accelerator sounds like the graphics card these things are running on, and it doesn't sound like a quality one.

Do you know anything about that? Because at the price I'm genuinely interested in that deal.

It isn't a "quality" card but generally speaking no onboard video card is going to be. You'd most likely want to expand to a $100 or so ATI, GeForce, etc videocard if you did go with that deal. But you're right, it isn't a stellar graphics processor.

It isn't a "quality" card but generally speaking no onboard video card is going to be. You'd most likely want to expand to a $100 or so ATI, GeForce, etc videocard if you did go with that deal. But you're right, it isn't a stellar graphics processor.

If you aren't interested in playing pc games (at least not modern pc games) then you can get a good card for like $30-$50 dollars.

Archived