• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes Trade Victor Rask for Wild's Niederreiter

The_Light_Brigade

It's a win for sure. We've got cap room, idk why it's so hard to sign Ferland. My guess is Dundon isn't as open with his wallet as he said he was going to be. Not that I want to throw money all over but to me he's better all around than Lindholm and from what I understand they're comparable as far as market value. 

If Ferland doesn't want to be here then it's hard to sign him. I have a feeling he'll get moved but something also tells me Hamilton will go too. 

I like the trade.

Rask had become hard to watch and though he missed all of the preseason and the beginning of the regular season he had been trending downwards since last year. He’s a defensive centerman who needs highly skilled wingers to look like an affective offensive player and he’s a poor skater.

Niederreiter plays a power forward’s game and is a solid skater. He reminds me of what we wanted Zykov to be. At worst he’s a third line winger who can get you 15 goals a season.

On 1/17/2019 at 8:09 PM, The_Light_Brigade said:

It's a win for sure. We've got cap room, idk why it's so hard to sign Ferland. My guess is Dundon isn't as open with his wallet as he said he was going to be. Not that I want to throw money all over but to me he's better all around than Lindholm and from what I understand they're comparable as far as market value. 

If Ferland doesn't want to be here then it's hard to sign him. I have a feeling he'll get moved but something also tells me Hamilton will go too. 

Because they just extended Tuevo and Aho's is coming and will be more expensive.  Ferland is good and a type of player we need but we still have a surplus of defense (Fluery, Faulk, Bean, Pesce, Hamilton) that we could turn into top tier scoring as well and Ferland is not worth what he's asking..at least not when you consider it'd be right up there with TT/Aho.

Archived