• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ring of Honor expanding

JawnyBlaze

On 1/19/2019 at 10:10 AM, ImfromClayton said:

I even understand why some don’t want peppers. Too few is better than too many in this circumstance. 

I’m one of those who is a no for Peppers.  For me definitely Smith and from there.  Not sure.  Gross would be my next. I also think less is more. 

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

A banned substance. Could be literally a ton of different things. I can’t believe you are whining about something that happened in 2002. Did Peppers not tip you or something when you washed his car at autobell? 

...but you're certain it wasn't a steroid?

7 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Are you certain is was? 

A steroid is certainly in the set of possible outcomes and until Julius provides some proof that it wasn't, I am going to assume it was.

Here's what Julius said at the time:  ''I wish I could finish the season. I'm just going to get it over with and come back next year and be even stronger. I made a mistake. I hope I don't get grouped with those who take steroids. I don't know. That is for everybody else to decide.''

"Everybody else" doesn't have to "decide" it....there's an incredibly simple way to take that decision right out of the hands of "everybody else" --- release a copy of the test results and prove the failed test wasn't because of steroid use.  

As for how voters think, you know the coaches and players declined to vote for him and left Julius off the Pro Bowl team that year because of his failed test... 

4 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

A steroid is certainly in the set of possible outcomes and until Julius provides some proof that it wasn't, I am going to assume it was.

Here's what Julius said at the time:  ''I wish I could finish the season. I'm just going to get it over with and come back next year and be even stronger. I made a mistake. I hope I don't get grouped with those who take steroids. I don't know. That is for everybody else to decide.''

"Everybody else" doesn't have to "decide" it....there's an incredibly simple way to take that decision right out of the hands of "everybody else" --- release a copy of the test results and prove the failed test wasn't because of steroid use.  

As for how voters think, you know the coaches and players declined to vote for him and left Julius off the Pro Bowl team that year because of his failed test... 

so the answer is you are not certain and you are just slandering Peppers name.

24 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Again, BillyT you are speculating. You have offered ZERO evidence that he was suspended for steroids. Bringing the huddle down. Not making the huddle better. Talking out of your ass about what NFL HOF voters use as determining who gets in and when they get in - when you have absolutely no credibility on that topic. You probably don’t even know who gets to vote. 

Considering there are players like LT, Oranthal, and Ray Lewis in the HOF, and cheaters like Belicheck and Brady will he admitted - I doubt Pep has anything to worry about. 

19 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Not at all.

Don't think you understand the minutia as it relates to slander...

You don't like my opinion, that's OK. 

What I think gets you and the other guy all riled up is you really hadn't thought the issue through and are concerned that I might be right (about HOF voters, etc)...let's just wait and see what happens.

20 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Basically. He is getting owned in this thread and really showing his ignorance. And for arguments sake - if Peppers did get suspensed for steroids, I don’t really care. Doubt most peope do. Steroids and PEDs are a different talking point in the NFL than in baseball. 

6 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Considering there are players like LT, Oranthal, and Ray Lewis in the HOF, and cheaters like Belicheck and Brady will he admitted - I doubt Pep has anything to worry about. 

But there is that little element of "doubt", which I think worries you a lot :shades:

Agreed on Ray Lewis, pitiful that he was admitted to the Hall.  Maybe new evidence will emerge some time in the future and they will eject his sorry ass.

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Basically. He is getting owned in this thread and really showing his ignorance. And for arguments sake - if Peppers did get suspensed for steroids, I don’t really care. Doubt most peope do. Steroids and PEDs are a different talking point in the NFL than in baseball. 

Wasn't even steroids it was ephedra, this guy just wont stop.  

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Aha!  So, you are now admitting it is in the set of possible outcomes....this is a positive step forward.

Just now, jfra78 said:

Wasn't even steroids it was ephedra, this guy just wont stop.  

There's no proof of that.  If that's really what it was Peppers should come out and provide proof as that would be a much less serious situation.

Did you ever stop to wonder why he hasn't?

Ditto PED58, never provided anything to back up his assertions.

Just now, GeorgeHanson said:

There's no proof of that.  If that's really what it was Peppers should come out and provide proof as that would be a much less serious situation.

Did you ever stop to wonder why he hasn't?

Ditto PED58, never provided anything to back up his assertions.

Nope I never wonder why because an independent source said it was Ephedra not Peppers.  You actually have zero proof that it was steroids, but it doesnt stop you from spewing your nonsense

10 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

But there is that little element of "doubt", which I think worries you a lot :shades:

What a strange thing to say. I can assure you I am not worried about Julius Peppers or any other professional athlete getting into any hall of fame. While I’d like to see a player I’ve pulled for since he was in college and was fortunate enough to see play for my fave professional team be recognized as an all time great, it makes no difference to me or affects my life in anyway. Good Lord.

YOU on the other hand certainly seem worried about it. Why is a rich, professional athlete that you don’t know personally getting into a HOF such a big deal to you? Why are you crying about one failed drug test in 2002 in 2019? Very strange behavior - even for the internet. :thinking:

Archived