• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LeBron James

King Taharqa

Nobody wins em all. The King didnt play well and wasnt himself the last 3 games, but those guys meant what they said about him, so I trust their judgement. And if there was ever a basketball player from this era who can and who has lived up to them its LeBron James. Alot of the criticism being thrown at The King right now, Jordan, Big O, Wilt, Kobe, Shaq, Kevin Garnett, Jerry West, Dr. J, etc all have faced at points in their careers. Can they carry a team to a ring? Par for the course. Its no different for LeBron. Doesnt change the fact he's the game's best player and biggest free agent in 2010. He's proven that. With great expectation, comes great responsibility. The King already understands that. With success and hype comes haters and a backlash. The King already understands that. I truly take him at his word that he wants to experience TEAM success in the playoffs and win a championship. I take him at his word that he will do anything to achieve that goal. He will put himself in the best position to do so this offseason, and it WILL happen by the time he hangs up his Nikes.

The King is 25 years old. There's still a lot of basketball left in the tank baby. The King will come back bigger, stronger, faster, and even more efficient than he was last year wherever he plays. Just like he did this season. There's still room for growth for this young man to become an even better player. He can work on his post game, he can continue to become a better free throw shooter, he can continue to expand his mid range game. Sky's the limit for the King.

My point is that reading those quotes, LBJ is not to that level yet. I think some people have crowned him of titles he is not yet worthy of. His play in the series proved that to me.

Like I said in other post after the game, his legacy is by no means close to being defined. He is still young, and has not peaked in his career yet. So yes it is very possible all those quotes could be true in the future with more growth, but not now. My issue with the series was not so much his poor performance in the later games... but the lack of effort at times, and concentration. A lot of those quotes focused on his effort which was not evident in that series.

Depending on the decision he makes this off season, I do believe he can win a title sooner than later. Unlike other superstars who have won titles, LBJ has never had a solid #2 on his team... While Kobe, MJ, Wade all needed a strong #2 to win a title, and couldn't do it without one. I do not take ANYTHING away from him that they lost a series, or didn't win a title....It was just how he performed in losing that deserves the criticism he is receiving. If he wins the title he will get all the praise an accolades, but when you perform like that in the playoffs you will also get the deserved criticism. It goes both ways.

if I saw a sign for LBJ museum...I'd be thinking something totally different and would call it, El B.J. Museum!!!

You should be happy...you started a thread about an individual player and he won the league MVP title.

Maybe next year you should start a thread on his team, whatever team that might be, and maybe they'll win a ring!

Wanting to be a billionaire says a lot about him. Win and the money will come. But if the MVP awards are important...

7 years a Pro now, not even a single win in an NBA finals game. Time to start thinking basketball, not being a billionaire individual.

As poorly run as the Knicks are, aside from money in his pocket he might be even further from a 2nd Finals appearance if he chooses NY.

7 years a Pro now, not even a single win in an NBA finals game. Time to start thinking basketball, not being a billionaire individual.

As poorly run as the Knicks are, aside from money in his pocket he might be even further from a 2nd Finals appearance if he chooses NY.

I disagree. I don't think NY is the best place for him to win, but I do believe it is better than Cleveland. Cleveland has little cap room, so if they resign him they will not have the $$$ to improve the team much. If this happens who knows when they will be able to get Lebron a true #2.... they have not been able to yet.

While with the knicks, they can easily sign two max contract players. Having two superstars on the same team in the eastern conference will go a long way. Having LBJ and bosh it would be easier to find a trade for pieces to complete the puzzle.

I actually believe the nets is his best option in getting a ring asap. They have good young talent who can fill important role positions. They will have a top pick in the nba draft. Finally they have enough cap room to sign two max contract players. Oh and a new majority owner with deep pockets who wants to make a big splash. If the offseason went like that, I believe the nets would be instant favorites to win next year... and Lebron will not have to do it on his own..... Cleveland will be more of the same.

IMO, he needs to go to Chicago if he wants to win now and have a shot at a ring anytime soon. Him, Rose, and some pretty solid pieces in place can go far. Chi-town is already decent enough to make the postseason; add Lebron and that team will go places.

IMO, he needs to go to Chicago if he wants to win now and have a shot at a ring anytime soon. Him, Rose, and some pretty solid pieces in place can go far. Chi-town is already decent enough to make the postseason; add Lebron and that team will go places.

Well, there is a NY connection. Obviously, they can offer a lot of money. He likes the Yankees. Jay-Z likes him (that's not a conncetion but they could play "Empire State of Mind" every home game - "In Newww Yorrrrkkkkk!" - I digress).

Then, there is the Chicago connection. He loves Michael Jordan, the Bulls give him a decent opportunity at a title, decent money, etc.

Oh boy, then there is the Charlotte connection. This will never happen, but I'm sure he would love to play for Michael Jordan (sort of similar to the Chicago one). They can't really offer him much so it won't happen.

haha, but your supposed to play for championships and for the love of the game. what your saying is blasphemy! haha, no im kidding.

Yeah, well, I'd love to play just because I love basketball, but if I was getting paid, trust me, I'd do everything in my power to maximize my salary. If that means taking cheap shots at superstars... well... a team should get me signed ASAP.

Delonte West is banging his mom. True internet story.

Lmao.

Archived