• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another good year by Peppers = Trade for a 1st?

hepcat

If Peppers wants crazy money next year or if the Panthers have to slap the franchise tag in order to keep him, I say let him walk. You can get a whole lot of good football for $20 million. Karlos Dansby was tagged by the Cards these past two seasons, and he wants $10M+ a year. Imagine if the Panthers could get a guy like Dansby and one more player of his calibre for what Peppers wants. It would be a big improvement to the team.

However, great defensive ends are disruptive on every play. If you can't make the sack, you have to make them feel your presence. The league's best defensive ends do this, and their effect is felt throughout the entire contest.

:icon_bs:

Find me a DE who can do this and then find video footage of an entire game that prooves your claims, otherwise I will not believe a word you say.

There are times when entire DLines are held well beyond arms reach of the QB creating perfect pockets, times when the QB has quick drops and throws. It is literally impossible to do what you claim the elite DEs do. Your thoughts lead credence that elite DEs will always beat elite OTs. That aint true buddy. In fact the elite OTs almost always shut down the DEs bar one or two plays. Average OTs can keep elite DEs quiet as well. Blocking someone is simply easier to do than getting past them. You simply have unattainable expectations.

I can expect criticism for Pep at times, but this whole unrealistic expectation of his is just insane. The guy literally has to win the game every game for people to beleive he is living up to what they expect.

Grow up man.

There's more to it than just saying '20 mil can buy up some good players'. Who are those players? Are they available? Dansby is a solid player but we don't need a LB.

It's like people only want to think about something hard enough to bitch about it, finding a solution is too much work.

There's more to it than just saying '20 mil can buy up some good players'. Who are those players? Are they available? Dansby is a solid player but we don't need a LB.

It's like people only want to think about something hard enough to bitch about it, finding a solution is too much work.

I'm not saying the Panthers should sign Dansby. I was just using him as an example of a really good player whose franchise tag is only half of what Pep would command.

$20M+ is a ton of money to spend for one guy. Maybe rather than dumping all that cash on one top-tier DE, they could spend $6-7M per year on a trio of solid players. There are a bunch of them out there and their presence would be felt every play.

I don't like to keep using the Cards as an example, but I know them the best out of any of the teams. The AZ GM said he wasn't going to sign any big free agents (and the fans went nuts over this), but would build depth by signing quality second-tier guys. It has worked so far, since having depth at multiple positions put you into a position to have more guys step up and emerge as stars.

I like Julius Peppers and think he's one of the best DEs ever to play. But sometimes you have to consider how paying one player what he wants would harm the team more than it would help.

if a coaching move is going to be made, it will be made within the first week after our last game. most likely monday or tuesday. peppers may stay if he likes the meeks defense and sees the front office make serious changes with staff. if he doesn't, we'll have a repeat of last year. if we get a defensive minded coach, like cower, pep will stay.

personally, i don't think he's worth the money at this point and if we could get a single top half first round pick for him, i'd trade him. or a bottom half first and a second.

Archived