• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Tried To Defend Davidson, But I Can't Anymore

beastson

I used to say he limit us cause of Jake... if we had another QB we'll be fine

But nope, we had Matt on 3rd and short and can't even throw an out route to a TE. No screens or nothing. IM NOT JUST TALKING ABOUT THIS PLAY, THE 2ND HALF IN GENERAL. Ridiculous. His play calling is just dumb. He can be gone too

he's an nfl offensive coordinator, he knows risk vs reward, whats the point of risking a turnover when the run game has been dominating all day along with the defense?

Risk? Oh you mean risking our defense to not give up points and keep them from getting back in the game

Our DEFENSE won this game for us, but what if things went the Cards O way?

I'm tired of this conservative crap. Our offense too talented for that. All we needed was 1 Td and we could put this game away. But noooooo

he's an nfl offensive coordinator, he knows risk vs reward, whats the point of risking a turnover when the run game has been dominating all day along with the defense?

In this game, with Moore in at quarterback and a lead slowly slipping away, it might be smart to keep it on the ground.

But today, we were fortunate to go up what, 21 points early on? In any other game, we would have to complete some throws to have any shot at winning.

Our offense is very much a one-trick pony right now. We had early shots to Jarrett and Barnidge early on, and I hoped we'd see more. I know the running game is working pretty well overall, but that doesn't change the fact that there were a few wasted drives that we should have been able to capitalize on.

Risk? Oh you mean risking our defense to not give up points and keep them from getting back in the game

I'm tired of this conservative crap. Our offense too talented for that. All we needed was 1 Td and we could put this game away. But noooooo

no risking matt moore throwing a pick when we're in our own territory.

as a davidson hater, i have to say you're just flat wrong. that was a great play call going for the big strike. it was moore who missed a wide open receiver!

jeff called a brilliant game! heavy running and even some passing on first down early to throw off the cardinal defense. we are so predictable with first down running. and my fav play of the game.... after the failed smoke route to smith, i was mad because we run that play too much and i told the guys i was watching the game with that we should fake that route because they jump on it and it would go for an easy touchdown!

a few plays later.......... damn i'm good!

Hidden

as a davidson hater, i have to say you're just flat wrong. that was a great play call going for the big strike. it was moore who missed a wide open receiver!

jeff called a brilliant game! heavy running and even some passing on first down early to throw off the cardinal defense. we are so predictable with first down running. and my fav play of the game.... after the failed smoke route to smith, i was mad because we run that play too much and i told the guys i was watching the game with that we should fake that route because they jump on it and it would go for an easy touchdown!

a few plays later.......... damn i'm good!

i think it's all john fox. you look at how we all bemoaned dan henning for being so conservative and all the BS plays he ran here.

no one would look at miami and think they're a conservative offense.

good win today but AFAIC, jake still sucks and is the major reason we have to run such conservative crap...

Archived