• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The roadmap for sustainable winning...

sml1950

...doesn’t necessarily go through Pittsburgh or NE.  While those teams have experienced mgmt coming available at seasons end, another has a HOFer who could come in tomorrow.  This person has led his team to the second best record in the last 20 years next to NE and without Brady.  His name.....Ozzie Newsome.  He’s still only 61 but was pushed aside by an assistant that the Ravens didn’t want to lose .  He apparently is still on the payroll without a title but I could not imagine them holding him back if he wanted to leave.  He has thought outside the box for decades with compensatory picks, hiring a ST coach with no OC experience, and last year trading back into the first round to take a QB that everyone else wanted to change positions.  Even if you could only get him as a consultant, keeping him through the hiring process and evaluation of Cam could set the Panthers on the right path for years. A call could sure do no harm.

2 minutes ago, sml1950 said:

...doesn’t necessarily go through Pittsburgh or NE.  While those teams have experienced mgmt coming available at seasons end, another has a HOFer who could come in tomorrow.  This person has led his team to the second best record in the last 20 years next to NE and without Brady.  His name.....Ozzie Newsome.  He’s still only 61 but was pushed aside by an assistant that the Ravens didn’t want to lose .  He apparently is still on the payroll without a title but I could not imagine them holding him back if he wanted to leave.  He has thought outside the box for decades with compensatory picks, hiring a ST coach with no OC experience, and last year trading back into the first round to take a QB that everyone else wanted to change positions.  Even if you could only get him as a consultant, keeping him through the hiring process and evaluation of Cam could set the Panthers on the right path for years. A call could sure do no harm.

For which job? Coach or Asst GM?

He retired from Baltimore and hasn't sought other jobs it seems. Why would he leave Baltimore and come south?  Weather? City? Tepper.?

I agree right now the Ravens look like a team to emulate. John Harbaugh honestly seems like the perfect mix of old school and analytics that Tepper is looking for. If we can get some Ravens influence in here that would be great.

Archived