• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton exiting made up media story.. btw if you dont like the thread dont enter, I'm pieing for actual real thoughts

Matt62881

2 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Hes staying quiet like another poster said, it helps us in the draft. Hell thinking we are gonna get rid of newton when we aren't helps.

Possibly--or he does not want to commit to Cam and does not want to mislead the fan base--he knows Cam is popular and any quotes he says today will be revisited if Cam is traded/cut.  Tepper will come off as the bad guy.  It could be nothing but PR.

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Possibly--or he does not want to commit to Cam and does not want to mislead the fan base--he knows Cam is popular and any quotes he says today will be revisited if Cam is traded/cut.  Tepper will come off as the bad guy.  It could be nothing but PR.

Honestly cutting Cam without a medical reason or trading him is gonna cause a riot also the money cam brings to the team is irreplaceable, there isnt a qb like him in this league. 

I think it's mostly media exaggeration for cheap ratings. All we've said is we're going to consider all options. The team has bounced things off Cam to keep him informed and see what makes the most sense for all parties (e.g. trade to Chicago). The media used the non-committal as an excuse to bump ratings/views/clicks up a bit. It's still all just speculation.

1 minute ago, PantherGuy said:

I think it's mostly media exaggeration for cheap ratings. All we've said is we're going to consider all options. The team has bounced things off Cam to keep him informed and see what makes the most sense for all parties (e.g. trade to Chicago). The media used the non-committal as an excuse to bump ratings/views/clicks up a bit. It's still all just speculation.

Nailed it

3 minutes ago, PantherGuy said:

We really have to start thinking this way about everything--the media's role in our society has changed dramatically.  They deal in clicks more than facts.  Good point.

Just now, MHS831 said:

We really have to start thinking this way about everything--the media's role in our society has changed dramatically.  They deal in clicks more than facts.  Good point.

Been that way along time now, I don't watch mainstream media because its made to control you. F them

19 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Absolutely. In the media's eyes, if the things they report actually come to pass, all the better. But all they really give a damn about is keeping eyeballs on them.

12 minutes ago, PantherGuy said:

Absolutely. In the media's eyes, if the things they report actually come to pass, all the better. But all they really give a damn about is keeping eyeballs on them.

If it doesnt come to pass they just act like it didn't happen...works it either way for them.

6 hours ago, Matt62881 said:

For real was there ever talk from the Panthers about getting rid of him or was it all media. Think about it guys it makes a great story that they can turn into more story's. The media runs people's minds and dont think it doesnt...in reality I've heard from panther officials basically a healthy Cam is our qb. Cam is coming back with a giant boulder on his shoulder (not too big as to effect his shoulder health) but with boulder he will still throw 60 yd dimes. Mark this if you want to if I'm wrong I'm wrong but I dont think so. ....with #7 we take derrick brown the qb killer and run killer that can play it all...dude has game speed of a lb.

Well, it's true the media just makes stuff up (and/or doesn't do research or seemingly care), particularly when it comes to Carolina and Cam. So much so. It appears so many here worry about Cam's position on the team (and in other instances). As if, any new coaching coming to Carolina wouldn't want a healthy Cam, and they can just grow another like him off a tree somewhere near Tobacco Road. 

3 hours ago, FootballMaestro said:

Well, it's true the media just makes stuff up (and/or doesn't do research or seemingly care), particularly when it comes to Carolina and Cam. So much so. It appears so many here worry about Cam's position on the team (and in other instances). As if, any new coaching coming to Carolina wouldn't want a healthy Cam, and they can just grow another like him off a tree somewhere near Tobacco Road. 

The media actually reports things wrong on Carolina that we all know and I cant wait till next season to see Cam with Rhule, its gonna be insane...both men demand greatness and. Not mediocrity like ron.

Archived