• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FA and Draft predictions

Matt62881

4 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Taking offensive line in round 3-5 every year is why our QBs get consistently killed. It doesn't matter what we do if we cant protect our QBs

Our tackles are high second round picks..., and Turner the regular pro-bowler was a 3rd. 

We are very young outside at T, Moton has proven he is quality, I put a lot on coaching for not putting guys in the best positions up front to succeed, that was a huge area of educated fan concern (coaches not putting guys in spots that seemed like natural fits). 

We need to do the same with the roster before a blow up we need to assess the talent under new tutelage, then go from there, worst case we're bad again and collect another set of high picks. 

Coaching as most of us griped was the big difference in many of our losses, not being able to adapt, and adjust.

11 hours ago, Matt62881 said:

I fear all top 10 qbs, unless they are freakish and worth the #1 pick, this is the only reason I'd rather run with Cam. Burrow looks good but could bust as easily as Luck did, and yes imo Luck busted along with RG3 ect. Most qbs lately I've like have went later.....best to throw picks at them while you still have a franchise qb until you hit one.

Look at what Burrow did the season before Brady got to LSU, not much. Brady arrives and he wins the Heisman and a championship. Does that carry over to the NFL?

9 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Look at what Burrow did the season before Brady got to LSU, not much. Brady arrives and he wins the Heisman and a championship. Does that carry over to the NFL?

Exactly no one knows until they are in the game, to me qb and LT are the hardest spots to grab and imo it's best to have a qb behind a franchise guy for a year or two that you feel is gonna be the one unless you really luck out and end up with the first round pick and Cam Newton is there but how often does that happen for any given team. It's best to draft multiples of both positions over time with high upside until one shows up.

Archived