• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now that New Orleans has done what's in Carolina's best interest...

HGG

Could be worse, he could have voted for Kerry.

Well, something's for sure, if Kerry would have been in there, the economy wouldn't have tanked like it did Bush's last year, health care would have been done years ago, and we'd already be leaving Iraq.

You also wouldn't have gotten Obama until 2012.

Edwards never would have met Rielle Hunter.

2012 would have been Edwards v. Obama instead of Clinton v. Obama.

But, then of course, there was an unheard of 8,000,000 vote swing nationwide from Kerry to Bush, from the exit polls to the electronic voting machines (big time in Ohio where Bush even got 800 votes in one precinct that had less than 300 registered voters).

And, there you have it.

I don't like our chances of going to the playoffs this year. The Saints are going to win the South and the wildcards are currently lead by:

The Cowboys - 5-2 (much easier schedule)

The Giants - 5-3 (much easier schedule)

The Packers and the Bears are both 4-3 and have an easier schedule.

I see two of those teams getting to 11-5 and thus we will be left on the outside looking in even if by some miracle we get 10 wins which I think is absolutely the best case scenario for our record.

We most likely ain't getting a wildcard. Long shot.

we don't just have to beat atlanta and finishing second over atlanta in the division doesn't get us in the playoffs. we have to be the #6 team OVERALL in the NFC.

DUH.

But, if you're the 3rd team in your division, odds are, you won't be one of the top 6 either, so finishing second means you've probably had a good enough season where you're competing for the top 6.

why would the saints look past the panthers? The Saints playing one of their worst games this year yesterday + Carolina just putting a beatdown on the Cards isn't a recipe for a trap game.

They didn't play a bad game, they had a bunch of breaks and turnovers and still won by only 7. Their defense isnt that great and is still carried by the offense. Miami showed that a good running team that doesn't panic can beat them if they don't turn over the ball. NO won't overlook the Panthers only because they know the Panthers have owned them for years including the last 3.

Still Carolina allowed them 7 points in seven quarters of play last year and it was only a great 4th quarter in the second game that made it look even respectable.

The 2008 Saints=/= 2009 Saints

Not even close to the same team.

That's cool. But this is a divisional game, everything is a bit off. And don't forget in 2007 (I think) you started off 0-4. Then you won four in a row. Sure, you finished 8-8 (or was it 7-9?) but the point is...team's bounce back. While you aren't last year's Saints...we are looking like we're not the Panthers that started out the season. And yes, I'll wait for you to mention Buffalo. :lol: That was on the damn coaches.

On offense they are about the same. On defense they have been better.

Right, except for the top 5 rushing game, healthy Shockey and Colston, and the fact that the offense is on pace to be one of the highest scoring in NFL history. just some miniscule differences.

On offense they are about the same. On defense they have been better.

Last year's offense has no comparison at all to this year's because we're running it the same if not more than we are passing it, and are fourth in the league in rushing. Think before you post next time. By the way, how do the Jets have the No. 1 rushing atack? I guess because they run it so much.

Archived