• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now that New Orleans has done what's in Carolina's best interest...

HGG

...and defeated Atlanta as I hoped Sunday night, all the Panthers have to do now is win the next two weeks and they'll be in 2nd place in the NFC South due to tiebreakers with Atlanta.

In conclusion, Atlanta losing was always better for Carolina, DUH.

Atlanta will most likely be 5-3 heading to Carolina.

Carolina will either be 3-5 or 4-4 with an opportunity to tie Atlanta.

Atlanta losing put Carolina in control of its own destiny going forward so how could anyone be rooting for Atlanta when 1st in the NFC South is less of a guarantee?

...and defeated Atlanta as I hoped Sunday night, all the Panthers have to do now is win the next two weeks and they'll be in 2nd place in the NFC South due to tiebreakers with Atlanta.

Atlanta losing put Carolina in control of its own destiny going forward so how could anyone be rooting for Atlanta when 1st in the NFC South is less of a guarantee?

If we get to that point then I will be a lot happier with our first half performance. Still a long way to go, but I would then know the light at the end of the tunnel wasn't a train.

I knew we'd be better off with a NO win but I rooted for the Falcons anyway. I like Mike Smith, can't help it.

Basing your decision on who you like instead of what would be best...you probably voted for GWBush twice, didn't you?

I don't like our chances of going to the playoffs this year. The Saints are going to win the South and the wildcards are currently lead by:

The Cowboys - 5-2 (much easier schedule)

The Giants - 5-3 (much easier schedule)

The Packers and the Bears are both 4-3 and have an easier schedule.

I see two of those teams getting to 11-5 and thus we will be left on the outside looking in even if by some miracle we get 10 wins which I think is absolutely the best case scenario for our record.

I don't like our chances of going to the playoffs this year. The Saints are going to win the South and the wildcards are currently lead by:

The Cowboys - 5-2 (much easier schedule)

The Giants - 5-3 (much easier schedule)

The Packers and the Bears are both 4-3 and have an easier schedule.

I see two of those teams getting to 11-5 and thus we will be left on the outside looking in even if by some miracle we get 10 wins which I think is absolutely the best case scenario for our record.

I actually find it hard to believe any wild card team in the NFC will be 11-5 or better this year. The ones in contention for the wild card currently play each other a bunch. Between the Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, and Falcons, there are 6 more games just between these teams.

Then there are still games such as the Giants vs Vikings, Broncos, and Chargers. Cowboys vs Saints, Chargers, and Packers. Eagles vs Chargers, Bears, 49ers, and Broncos. And Falcons vs Saints and Jets.

To be honest, you might be looking at a final record of NFC teams at 14-2 and 13-3 for Saints and Vikings with everyone else, including the two other division winners, at maybe one team at 11-5 and the rest at 10-6 or worse.

we don't just have to beat atlanta and finishing second over atlanta in the division doesn't get us in the playoffs. we have to be the #6 team OVERALL in the NFC. being 2nd in one of 4 divisions doesn't guarantee that and its actually quite possible for 3 second place teams to miss the playoffs if the giants/eagles/cowboys take 3 playoff spots.

in the nfc east, eagles cowboys and giants are ahead of us

in the nfc north, vikings packers and bears are ahead of us

in the nfc south, saints and falcons are ahead of us

in the nfc west, the cardinals are ahead of us and the 49ers are tied but have better conf record so they are ahead.

10 teams are ahead of us making us 11th. we not only have to beat the falcons, but have to beat a total of 5 teams at the same time to make it to 6th in the conference.

I'm just glad the Saints won because sooner or later, they are due a loss. Better to have that bullet still in the chamber than to have them coming back from a loss to the Falcons when we have to play them.

This keeps it as a trap game for them.

:iagree:

there is no doubt they are looking past us, or at least they were before the cardinals game. they will study that film this week and prepare for us. it really depends on how healthy jake is and i can't believe i am saying it but if he plays healthy, he gives us a better chance at a mediocre passing game than moore does with his first start of the season especially if a late week replacement. if jake isn't healthy NOW, the i sure hope moore takes all first team snaps this week.

i am not worried about the run game, brees is no mediocre QB and he's no washed up warner. he is the premier QB in the league right now and has many talented WR's and TE's. i sure hope our secondary is well prepared and we can get pressure sending just 4 because we don't blitz enough and even atlanta's blitz didn't really phase brees.

if we play the same game we played against arizona..... we will lose! we have to play much better on offense. even the turnovers brees had didn't phase him. it only stopped him from scoring 40 but he still managed 35. can we trade scores by just running? no.....

Archived