• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oh Marty

shaq

On 4/5/2020 at 4:14 PM, SmokinwithWilly said:

Actually I dont need 3 years to judge the draft strategy. Burns and Miller, two 3-4 edge rushers, taken to play for a coach whose time was almost over. New year, new coach, 4-3 defense and 2 guys who will have to add weight, and possibly sacrifice speed and agility to be able to play effectively. Stupid draft strategy, easily foreseeable. 

Trading up to take a tackle in a weak class. Weak tackles get moved to guard, which that draft was strong in. Little was falling, which means other teams were concerned about his ability to play there. 1 year later, he's moved to guard. We could have drafted a center/guard and saved the extra 3rd. Hurney had a round 1 draft grade on him which means immediate starter. He couldn't beat out Darryl Williams who played worse than Matt Kalil or Byron Bell. Strategy fail. 

Grier with 100. We have never developed a rookie QB. Cam relied on his athleticism. He never really improved his passing game the way you would expect a top QB to do. Going into the season with a qb coming off his 2nd shoulder surgery with a 3rd round project and an UDFA. Draft strategy, stupid. 

I've already explained picks 5,6 and 7. Building a team isnt just about finding successful players. It's about finding the right successful players to fit needs. Realizing strengths and weaknesses and using that knowledge to its maximum potential.

That's where Hurney failed and why the players themselves don't matter. Even if they succeed, the time wasted waiting for now 4 projects to develop and the starters we needed that were available that we skipped for projects is why this draft is a failure. It's not like any of this was a mystery before the draft. These are things that were painfully obvious to fans on a message board and we ended up being right. Last years draft was a shitshow, and not because of the players themselves. Hurney cannot, and never has been able to build a team. 

1. Alright.. So Brian nor Miller can gain weight?? Is this really a thing here.. Players don't get bigger or smaller to play certain positions.. Didn't Addison do this exact thing ?? Let's not make this fact.. Player gain and lose weight all the time and not lose speed..

2. Tackle Class wasn't weak last year..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001027342/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-100-prospects-for-2019-nfl-draft%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Dpath-to-the-draft%3bteam%3Darz%3bconf%3Dnfc%3bdvsn%3Dncw%3bplyr%3Ddesean_jackson%3bplyr%3Dfletcher_cox%3bplyr%3Ddeforest_buckner&p.ct=Path%2bto%2bthe%2bDraft&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%23000&p.bgc1m=%23EAEAEA&sr=amp

7 OT listed in the top 50 players by Dainel Jeremiah..

3. Didn't like the Grier pick either.. So I won't defend that...

4. Nobody has a great % on hitting on players in the 5th 6th or 7th round.. So why even bring that up.. If he hits on Daley that is considered a bonus...

5. If you feel the strategy was wrong then Tepper and Ron need some of that blame .. We are already hearing Tepper had insight on that 3-4 thing.. hindsight 20/20 most here knew it would be a tough transition in 1 offseason... 

You can't judge a draft after 1 year no matter if you like the strategy or not.. Players fit different systems.. Good Coaching develop and use talent to it's best ability.. Not force it to fit a specific system..

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

When you say, "We all know..." do you mean that literally?  We can assume or speculate, but I try to focus on the actions, the person who would be responsible for those actions. And you might be right---Richardson convinced me that he was crazy at the pie chart presser.  That might be the weirdest thing I have ever seen.  I honestly believe (but do not know) that crazy batshit sent Andrew Luck back to Stanford for a season..

Story have been written on it.. I know ppl want to crush marty that's cool... But don't act like we haven't heard for year that Jerry was a meddling owner...

Archived