• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A New Offensive Philosophy?

Mr. Scot

Another thing that bend but don't break does is loses the battle of field position for us. In this regard, Mark Jones has been colossal for us this season. Last night pissed me off because Fox played his conservative 2nd half offense, even after realizing we couldn't stop the Giants offense. I've lost count of the number of games where we've broken another team's will right off the bat, only to come down with a massive episode of vaginismus, and invite the opponent back to the table.

I have seen the shift as well, and wonder if we would even be in the playoff hunt without out the key 1st round picks in Stewart and Otah.

Maybe Fox is waiting for the playoffs to start playing an aggressive defense, in turn shocking the playoff contenders and leaving our competition with no clue about how to strike back?

It's about all I can hope for.

Nice idea.

I've heard it suggested that our offense is "quick strike" now. I'm not ready to go that far yet, but we do have quick strike capability.

Someone suggested that this would tend to tire out the defense more, and that's possible. Of course, if the defense were consistently getting off the field on third down, fatigue wouldn't be an issue.

I think that its JUST time. Turgo has been doing the same dumb poo for too long and in this copycat league teams noticed and learn how to make his defense a NO Factor. Its basicly try what you want for the 1st 2 downs and if it doesnt work just hit your TE on a short slant to get 3 more tries....

Even back to the Arizona game, if our offense would have not been able to get that 1st down at the end we would have probably lost. Our Defense needs to find their grove and FAST.

Pathetic.........

That's the "bend, don't break" notion. It's what we've philosophically become.

on defense i think this is what they have been doing for a while.

if they do it right we will keep them out of the end zone. if they bend like a wet noodle, like they did last night, it spells disaster.

on defense i think this is what they have been doing for a while.

if they do it right we will keep them out of the end zone. if they bend like a wet noodle, like they did last night, it spells disaster.

I've never liked the philosophy, regardless of circumstance.

Archived