• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Time at the Meadowlands

PanthersFanNY

Recently got back from Jersey and seeing the game Sunday night... Here are a few tidbits...

-New York fans weren't too bad, some were annoying but nothing bad. I got a lot of boos in all my Panthers gear but it was all in good fun. I was told that we have "the gayest uniforms in the NFL and the teal socks our team wears are super gay." Most of them have a chubby for Justin Tuck.

-The winds really are swirling in that stadium... I was in the lower level to the left of the endzone when Kasay's FG in the 4th quarter when wide left; and it really did have the distance it just got pushed by the wind.

-Giants fans in the stands were glad we weren't involving Steve Smith in the offense much after the first half.

-I questioned Jake's arm strength on a few of his throws, but we've seen he can still connect on some deep passes (GB game).

-You guys know this already but Peppers gets held on every god damn play.

-I think our red zone play calling was very good for the most part.

-I blame the loss on a mix of our D-Line/LBs not being able stop the run and the Giants making plays when they had to. It took some balls for the Giants to stay with the running game when they were down by 11. Our offensive play-calling was painfully obvious in the second half most of the time, but with 28 points we should have been able to win it.

-Brandon Jacobs was f*cking pumped before the game and he got the crowd into it pretty good.

-Their fans didn't seem to understand that they should be quiet when the Giants were on offense but whatever.

-The throwing of snow was hilarious.

-A lot of people were taking jabs at Keyshawn Johnson when he came out of the tunnel for some reason but that didn't last long.

-Jonathan Stewart looked at me and that was pretty cool.

-That stadium inexplicably smelled like turkey... Or at least the section I was in did.

I took pictures but they're on my girlfriend's camera so I'll try to update this with pics when possible. All in all it was a really good time, though it did suck walking out of the stadium with a number of Giants fans yelling "SUPERBOWL" and having orgasms over the win. I also felt pretty cornered when I was in the bathroom surrounded by 30 Giants fans being the only Carolina fan but it was mostly just boos.

We had our chance to win this game and we blew it. Defense came up with a good stop in OT but we couldn't capitalize. Hopefully we pound the Saints next week and take the NFC South so this bull about "last place previous year equals championship lolz."

-New York fans weren't too bad, some were annoying but nothing bad. I got a lot of boos in all my Panthers gear but it was all in good fun. I was told that we have "the gayest uniforms in the NFL and the teal socks our team wears are super gay." Most of them have a chubby for Justin Tuck.

this I can relate to, living in Jersey in the shadow of NY. A lot of my friends are Giants fans and once in a while they'll rag on the uniform. I guess it's mostly the fact that they think the design is radical or whatever, and the giants' uniform is more old-fashioned gridiron looking.:frown2:

Good report. New York fans are not the only one's wondering why we didn't involve Steve Smith in the 2nd half. Not one single throw to him ????

mmhmm. There was maybe one throw to steve in the 3rd that the wind caught and fell short. That was it.

Archived