• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DeAngelo and Defense kept us in the game... but in the end they lost us the game

TrueBlackandBlue

It's hard to blame DeAngelo and the defense, because they played well for much of the game, but the defense gave up a 64 yard pass that led to a touchdown at the beginning of the third quarter and a 54 yard touchdown pass later on. That should not happen with this zone defense. We also got little pressure. DeAngelo dropped an easy touchdown catch that would have given us a 24-13 lead... and of course the fumble. He also hung around in the backfield too long too often and it lead to many tackles for a loss. That along with some ridiculously conservative playcalling, took away the lead that these players gave us in the first place.

Ummm you must of been watching another saints panther game bro. Dwill did his job. But our D imploded late in the second quarter and got worse in the 2nd half. Our D did not keep us in this game. If our team was good this game we would have won. Our D gave up big plays left and right for brees and the saints offense. Our front 4 got out played point blanks. Our coach staff and Fox went into half time happy like always when leading and never make adjustments knowing full good welll Saints would make big time adjustments. Fox sucks and our D sucks plain and simple. I give credit to some of our D guys like Gamble who played hurt and TD he played good along with beason as usual. It don't look like Martin had much affect in this game. So I guess it's back with Gdfey I guess at safty.. Peppers as I thought would come out and play with little to know heart. Peppers= gone after season. Don't care if peppers get 20 sacks. If he can't play good all the time. he ain't worth resigning.

Our D did not keep us in this game.

the saints average 39 pts a game. The 6 pts in the second half for them was the lowest of the season. The saints offense scored 23 pts. forced a fumble inside the red zone. came up with an int right after jstew fumbled inside our 30. The D kept us in the game, but the long pass plays can still not be excused.

Archived