• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deangelo Williams - Best Back in the NFL

Tank

Williams could be argued as the best in the league, for sure. The top 3 is hard to say decisively, but it would definitely consist of Peterson, Williams, and Steven Jackson (Rams)

Jackson has to deal with Marc Bulger, an inexperienced receiving corps, a horrible O-line (well, a horrible team in general) and he still puts up great numbers week in and week out.

are you high? the yardage isn't even close. Peterson has 900 more yards than Williams in 3 years. Not to mention almost 200 more touches.

No, not really. Considering Dwill hasn't started but 1 1/2 season's vs a guy who has been the go to guy for his team all three years. 900 yards on 200 more touches, go back an read that again. He's gotten 200 more touches over those three years, only has 900 more yards, has around the same amount of Td's and has a lot more fumbles.

4.5 yards per carry in those 200 more touches with 15 fumbles compared to Dwill's 4/5 fumbles over that same time period.

Advantage Dwill.

No, not really. Considering Dwill hasn't started but 1 1/2 season's vs a guy who has been the go to guy for his team all three years. 900 yards on 200 more touches, go back an read that again. He's gotten 200 more touches over those three years, only has 900 more yards, has around the same amount of Td's and has a lot more fumbles.

4.5 yards per carry in those 200 more touches with 15 fumbles compared to Dwill's 4/5 fumbles over that same time period.

Advantage Dwill.

I'm not saying williams might not be a better back, imo the jury isn't in yet. But to say 3000 yards is almost the same as 3885 is homeristic. Williams, this year is working under the same conditions as peterson has been working under the last two, i.e. 8-9 in the box on every play. We'll see how he does. I'm not thrilled with the results thus far. That being said, he's the only one producing on offense.

I'm not saying williams might not be a better back, imo the jury isn't in yet. But to say 3000 yards is almost the same as 3885 is homeristic. Williams, this year is working under the same conditions as peterson has been working under the last two, i.e. 8-9 in the box on every play. We'll see how he does. I'm not thrilled with the results thus far. That being said, he's the only one producing on offense.

Not thrilled, With the team overall, Yes. Dwill, No. he's averaging over 4.4 ypc, I think it's around 4.5-4.6, he's 5th in rushing yards and top 10 in touchdowns rushing.

Archived