• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

V

Jangler

I havent watched last night's episode yet, but I was thinkin along those same lines. Last season it started with the ships hovering over numerous cities, we were led to believe this was the 1st contact with the Visitors. But now they bring back Diana, like we are supposed to remember her, but not the earlier runs of the show. I guess we, the viewers, are not supposed to think that much, just enjoy the mindlessness that is network TV. I wonder if R.Englund will pick up his old role as well...

Originally the writers named the character Diana as a homage to the original show, but she wasn't going be the SAME Diana or a big character in the series. But the lady who originally played Diana found out and kind of pushed her way into the role. You can read the article...the actress kind of come of a douche to me...

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/01/v-jane-badler-abc-diana/

So I watched Tuesday's episode... I will continue watching this show simply because Im not watching anything else right now. It is decent, not great by any means. what Ive noticed is there is no real wanting for next week. Other shows I watch leave me feeling like the hour wasnt enough, I really want to see the next installment. Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, True Blood, Rescue Me all keep me hanging when each episode ends, The Shield was great for that. But this show is kind of meh.. There's no 'Ooooooooh, I cant wait to see what they do next!', nahmean?

So Diana said something about being a Queen? And "Your daughter will betray you as you did me." How is this Diana not supposed to be the one from the 80's series? I get the whole time space continuum thing, but c'mon. The same woman playing the same named character on the reprise of the show she was on 20 years later??? Man, Im thinking waaay too much into this. I should just enjoy the mind- numbing they are dishing out...

Archived