• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Choice is Out of Fox's Hands...

Proudiddy

If I'm correct, I believe there is the stat that any year we have had a 1,000+ yard rusher we made the playoffs... Well guess what? That streak is about 95% likely to be over.

We're what, 2 games out of the wildcard? We technically have the 2nd toughest schedule in the NFL. And we have a turnover margin that would McDonald's 2 for $1 deal blush. If Jake isn't throwing INTs everywhere, Deangelo is fumbling at crucial moments. If those two don't have a problem, it's someone like Moore fumbling away our last chance for a win.

Let's face it... When your team is having a successful year, the game goes your way, calls go your way, balls bounce your way, freak things happen in your favor. Jake has made horrible decisions at times and has suffered from greater inaccuracy than in years past, but its stuff like tipped balls. We tipped several of Brees' throws and I believe all of them fell incomplete. Jake has thrown tipped passes and they are intercepted. Things just aren't working for us this year.

Not making any excuses for Jake, b/c there is none. I've mentioned over the years all the things I admired about Jake. He's an admirable guy. I think at one time he was among the Top 10 QBs in the league. But, those days are long gone and he shouldn't have been starting for awhile now in all fairness.

The reason I mentioned the 1,000+ yards rusher = playoffs stat, is because it is very telling. Sure, there are other stats that can contribute to it, but the biggest is the passing game. Sure, it's beating a dead horse, but that stat just kept popping in my head all day...

Deangelo is well on his way to another great season, and JStew won't be far behind... Goodson and Sutton have shown promise as well. So, with all the yardage running why would we have any problems making the playoffs??? As I mentioned, Deangelo has had some fumbles at horrible times this year, but he didn't throw 13 INTs. We've given away points.

The reason the 1,000+ yard rusher stat is significant is b/c despite what people have said over the years about Jake, this is the first true year that he has lost us games by himself. Any other year that we had a strong running game, that negated any mistakes we made in the passing game. And Jake had the confidence then to recover from it and bounce back, usually in the 4th quarter. He doesn't anymore. We could run the ball all we want for the rest of the year, but it won't matter. It's clear that the passing game has become such a liability, whether it fall on Jake, Davidson, the lack of receiving threats, blockers, or whatever, it is killing this team.

Had we had any kind of comparable QB back their this year, we would be 5-3 or better. This year has shown that even with an elite running game, Jake's deficiencies can't be masked. And I actually believe he was a better QB than he was given credit for in years past... But, he's not that guy anymore.

I'm not saying yesterday was Jake's fault, b/c I think a huge part of the problem yesterday was playcalling and coaching. BUT, part of that falls on Jake as well, b/c if the coaches don't trust him to throw past 6 yards anymore, there's only so much they can do.

Like I said, next year the decision is out of Fox's hands even if he's still here... The proof speaks for itself. Sorry, just had to get it off my chest...

It reminds me of Barry Sanders Syndrome. Great running back, no QB to ever put him over the top. WE are repeating what happened to Barry and a Coach and GM that can't admit that the way the run the team is not working. Oh sure they have put together a great team, but their loyalty to Jake is astounding. And to be honest I hope it is their downfall, and JR is looking around right now for somebody to replace both.

It reminds me of Barry Sanders Syndrome. Great running back, no QB to ever put him over the top. WE are repeating what happened to Barry and a Coach and GM that can't admit that the way the run the team is not working. Oh sure they have put together a great team, but their loyalty to Jake is astounding. And to be honest I hope it is their downfall, and JR is looking around right now for somebody to replace both.

Exactly Jangler. I can never comprehend why everyone on our team has to constantly prove themselves for their starting spot, except for the guy at the most important position on the team. He gets a free pass no matter how horrible he is. Hasn't thrown a pick in two games and still leads the league in picks by two...

Archived