• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Betty White turning 99

ladypanther

Good for her.

https://nypost.com/article/betty-white-best-quotes-moments/

A selection of Betty’s best bites on a variety of topics

On aging & retiring

• “Retirement is not in my vocabulary. They aren’t going to get rid of me that way.”
  • On surviving amid the COVID-19 pandemic: “I’m blessed with incredibly good health.” Also, White’s rep assured the public, “No one [is] permitted in [her home] except those who must” be there, noting she has “helpers who are great.” The rep added, “The virus is afraid of Betty!”
  • The bottom line is … I don’t go around thinking, ‘Oh, I’m 90, I better do this or I better do that.’ I’m just Betty. I’m the same Betty that I’ve always been. Take it or leave it.”
  • Her secret to a long, happy and healthy life is the aforementioned vodka — and hot dogs, “probably in that order.”
  • Finally, “don’t take yourself too seriously,” she advised just days before her big B-day. “You can lie to others — not that I would — but you cannot lie to yourself … Turning 99 is no different than turning 98.”On social media
  • On social media

• Well, it’s for “losers,” as she told “Saturday Night Live” viewers when they waged a massive social media campaign to nab her a 2013 hosting slot on NBC’s iconic sketch comedy series with musical guest Jay-Z. Missed it? Revisit her classic — i.e. more than 5 million viral video views — “census taker meets crotch massager” skit.
  • On her love of animals

• “Animals don’t lie. Animals don’t criticize. If animals have moody days, they handle them better than humans do.”
  • “I’m not into animal rights — I’m only into animal welfare and health. I’ve been with the Morris Animal Foundation since the ’70s. We’re a health organization. We fund campaign health studies for dogs, cats, lizards and wildlife. I’ve worked with the LA Zoo for about the same length of time.”
  • “If everyone took personal responsibility for their animals, we wouldn’t have a lot of the animal problems that we do. I’m a big spay-and-neuter supporter. Don’t have babies if you’re not going to take care of those babies. We don’t need more. We just need to take care of the ones we have. Take responsibility and breathe kindness.” “I’m not a big cook. I only go in the kitchen to feed my dog,” said the animal activist, who has also long publicly supported the Wildlife Learning Center, Actors and Others for Animals and Monterey Bay Aquarium.

On sexual preferences

“I don’t care who anybody sleeps with. If a couple has been together all that time — and there are gay relationships that are more solid than some heterosexual ones — I think it’s fine if they want to get married. I don’t know how people can get so anti-something.” “I just make it my business to get along with people so I can have fun. It’s that simple.”“Well,

I mean, if a joke or humor is bawdy, it’s got to be funny enough to warrant it. You can’t just have it bawdy or dirty just for the sake of being that — it’s got to be funny.” “Animal lover that I am, a cougar I am not.”

On gratitude

“I was flipping through channels the other night and came across something,” she told The Post. “I don’t know what show it was, but they had a TV on in the scene and I was on that TV! I’m just grateful that people have put up with me for so long.”

“I’m the luckiest broad on two feet, I’ll tell you that. They say once a woman passes 40 she doesn’t get any good parts, so I’m blessed.”

“I cannot stand the people who get wonderful starts in show business and who abuse it. Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen, for example, although there are plenty of others, too. They are the most blessed people in the world, and they don’t appreciate it.”

“I have no regrets at all. None.”

(Don't know why the last part is bold)

Archived