• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

..Well this has easily been the most.."interesting" Season I can remember

MVP23

..Hmm we start 0-3, looking like (worse than) the Lions, then we bounce back, win 2 straight, and everyone is thinking about 4-3, but then, we lost to the BILLS! at home, and we're all down again, but we beat the Cards on the road, and all of a sudden there is hope again, but then we choke to the Saints,and everyone is giving up on the season, but then we beat the FAILcons, and now everyone is excited again....I would just rather be 7-2 right now...

we need a good 4-5 game streak to be thinking playoffs

but right now i think we ALL SHOULD be looking for a winning record 9-7

ehh what good is a winning season if we dont make the playoffs? We aren't the Chiefs...to me there is no such thing as a "winning season" if you're sitting at home in Jan

ehh what good is a winning season if we dont make the playoffs? We aren't the Chiefs...to me there is no such thing as a "winning season" if you're sitting at home in Jan

We have never had back to back. Thats worth it just having back to back winning seasons. After our start of season.. I would take it. I want a superbowl but if not, then oh well.

because you have to build tradition and pride.

If you dont get on that side of the fence you find yourself looking like Atlanta

30 years and still no back to back winning season.

I would rather be a contender EVERY year and not make it in than just show glimpses every other year.

Winning seasons is how you build a fanbase.

..Hmm we start 0-3, looking like (worse than) the Lions, then we bounce back, win 2 straight, and everyone is thinking about 4-3, but then, we lost to the BILLS! at home, and we're all down again, but we beat the Cards on the road, and all of a sudden there is hope again, but then we choke to the Saints,and everyone is giving up on the season, but then we beat the FAILcons, and now everyone is excited again....I would just rather be 7-2 right now...

It would be boring if we were unbeaten wouldn't it :rolleyes5:

i don't care if we're 0-16, i just want to see a team that plays good football on sunday, not a team that turns the ball over ridiculous amounts or a team that is one dimensional or a team that plays 30 minutes.

i remember we lost to the giants last year and i wasn't too upset with it (other than letting that faker ward tear us up) but i was pissed off after beating the raiders. piss poor football is what frustrates me most, not losses

I remember watching the Panthers play and just being happy they got a win. I was ecstatic. We have an NFL football team! I don't have to cheer for the Redskins anymore. Then our first round quarterback quit on us and Steve Beurleien comes in and plays his ( admittedly old) ass off for us. I saw him play at Erricson Stadium ( now BOA). We finally ran off Dom Capers and got George Seifert. You know, the guy who won two Superbowls in SanFran! We go 1 - 15. Damn, that was rough. Then we get a new coach. He was a Defensive Coordinator with the NY Giants. He takes a chance on an undrafted QB from NFL Europe and he comes in and takes the Panthers to a Superbowl. Think of the balls it takes to do that. Rodney Peete was the starter. He got benched in the second half. This kid, totally unknown, comes in. In the huddle he says, down by two scores, " We're gonna win this game" and then goes out and does it. That doesn't sound to me like someone that is lacking confidence. Jake has consistently proven himself to be a winner. He put the Panthers on the map as a team to beat. God knows, he has played some awful games. But, as the face of an ( albeit young) franchise, we could have done a hell of a lot worse. A lot of the character issues we had with past incarnations of this team were not changed until John Fox became the coach. If Fox and Jake are gone next season I will still love the Panthers. But, I won't forget what they did for this football team. And I won't give up until I have to...

Archived