• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake Delhomme since Buffalo

Dpantherman

- Passer ratings of 94.3, 77.4, and 115.8 respectively.

- 3 TDs/0 ints.

-39/68 (57% compl.) 486 yards.

mind blowing, no. Good enough to go on a winning streak yes. If jake continues to manage the offense, we are in good shape. He doesn't have to throw for 300 yards per game, all he needs to do is not turn it over and manage this offense. Kudos to the cajun.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Yesterday was the first game that Jake played great all season. He has been hidden and protected by the play calling the past couple of weeks and Fox finally took the chains off of him. I thought giving him more freedom would help him and it has. He still has to fix his deep ball because he totally sailed on those 2 deep passes to Smith. Otherwise great game by Jake.

It took 5 games to get his confidence back after coming out against Philly. And the coaches have finally started limiting his passing. As long as he doesn't throw too long he will be just fine. Proved again yesterday he can't throw the ball accurately down the field.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Yesterday was the first game that Jake played great all season. He has been hidden and protected by the play calling the past couple of weeks and Fox finally took the chains off of him. I thought giving him more freedom would help him and it has. He still has to fix his deep ball because he totally sailed on those 2 deep passes to Smith. Otherwise great game by Jake.

come on man, i basically said that! I said he hasn't been great, hes been good enough to win all three weeks, and if we want to contend, then he needs to continue to play (and on the coaches part- be used), in the same way.

It took 5 games to get his confidence back after coming out against Philly. And the coaches have finally started limiting his passing. As long as he doesn't throw too long he will be just fine. Proved again yesterday he can't throw the ball accurately down the field.

Hopefully they don't call anymore throws downfield. Just these little dinks and dunks.

He wasn't good enough to win last week and I didn't think he was good enough to win against ARZ. I'm not trying to be negative but he really has not been good until yesterday.

i think he was good enough to win. and he hardly played in arizona. but when he was in, he was good enough to win. yes, his best game was sunday, but I'm putting blame on coaching. Jake is Jake, he hasn't changed, but as a coach, you have to put your team in a position to win. b/f buffalo, I blame both, but in NO, Fox's conservative approach/ Davidson play-calling doomed us.

i think he was good enough to win. and he hardly played in arizona. but when he was in, he was good enough to win. yes, his best game was sunday, but I'm putting blame on coaching. Jake is Jake, he hasn't changed, but as a coach, you have to put your team in a position to win. b/f buffalo, I blame both, but in NO, Fox's conservative approach/ Davidson play-calling doomed us.

As it happens, I agree. I think what happened in the Saint's game was inexcusable. Yeah, Jake's sucked all year (pretty much), but, my God, you have to pass the ball a little. It's not like it mattered. If Jake passes the ball and throws three picks, we lose. Jake didn't throw the ball, and we lost anyway. You might as well throw the ball.

Archived