• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jay Wright leaving door open for possible NBA move.

NCTHFL0567

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33809304/retired-villanova-men-basketball-coach-jay-wright-leaves-door-open-possible-move-nba

Less than a week after retiring as head coach at Villanova, Jay Wright is leaving the door open to someday coaching in the NBA.

Appearing Tuesday on ESPN's Keyshawn, JWill & Max, Wright said he's not looking to coach right now, but added "I'd be lying" if he said he hadn't thought about coaching in the NBA.

"Not right now. That was something I always thought about," Wright said of his NBA ambitions. "My experience with the Olympics kind of scratched that itch. ... I kind of feel like I did it a little bit. And I loved coaching those guys."

Wright was part of San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich's gold-medal-winning Team USA staff, a group that also included Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr and Boston Celtics coach Ime Udoka.

"Right now I definitely need a break," Wright said Tuesday. "Right now I'm looking forward to this [special assistant] position at Villanova. But honestly, down the road, I'd be lying -- I don't know what I'm going to feel like."