• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ashley Westwood Joining Charlotte FC From EFL Side Burnley

Westwood joins The Crown from Burnley where he primarily operated as a defensive midfielder, though he does possess some play making abilities. Westwood brings plenty of Premier League experience to Charlotte and has even captained Burnley a few times.

Westwood recorded 5 assists in 29 matches during the 21-22 season across the Premier League, FA Cup, and EFL Cup. Currently, Westwood is recovering from an ankle fracture.

I’d expect Westwood to operate in the role that Derrick Jones was manning for Charlotte last year.

1 hour ago, 1Dukie said:

When will he be fully recovered from the injury or has he already?

That’s a great question, I couldn’t find any info on that, apparently he was targeting a return date at the end of October. That return never came, then the World Cup happened, and Burnley has since played a few matches in December that Westwood did not feature in.

He’ll have to pass a physical so I imagine he’ll be ready to go by the start of the MLS season.