• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Daniel Jones asking for 45 million

Matthias

I just heard the report of Jones switching agents and allegedly asking for 45 million a year from the Giants.  Now, I see a lot of people taking this at face value in that Jones is demanding this up front.  Clearly nobody, and I would say including himself, values him at that much.  That's insane.  Instead, I believe this is simply his attempt to get out of New York.  If he gives an outlandish demand, it might trick the Giants into just letting him go.

18 hours ago, Matthias said:

I just heard the report of Jones switching agents and allegedly asking for 45 million a year from the Giants.  Now, I see a lot of people taking this at face value in that Jones is demanding this up front.  Clearly nobody, and I would say including himself, values him at that much.  That's insane.  Instead, I believe this is simply his attempt to get out of New York.  If he gives an outlandish demand, it might trick the Giants into just letting him go.

I think we all can agree that 45 million a year would be an outlandish demand.

My question is, how many teams would be willing to step up, show interest  and try to obtain Daniel Jones even at a much reduced salary?

2 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

I think we all can agree that 45 million a year would be an outlandish demand.

My question is, how many teams would be willing to step up, show interest  and try to obtain Daniel Jones even at a much reduced salary?

As a free agent, he would demand interest from teams.  Probably would be willing to give him 30+ million a year.  I think if the Giants gave him the non-exclusive tag, it would be hard press for a team to give up two first round picks to get him.

Ultimately if he can somehow wiggle himself free into free agency, I believe the Panthers should sign him.

• Pie 1