• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Nick Hayden the Most Ineffective Player in Panthers History?

Raleighcat83

I told you to grow up because a thread of 'OMG THIS GUY IS THE LAMEST PLAYER WE HAVE EVER HAD' is pretty childish, pointless and completely objective. If you can systematically prove to me with facts, figures and professional assessments as to why he is the most ineffective player in our history I may pay more attention, maybe.

As it is, you just come off pretty immature, clueless and certainly focusing on the insignificant things on our team. After all the guy was second in tackles on our team today...

Not to mention it's his second year and we have had a plethora of injuries at the DT position which has forced our hand. Frankly I think the last couple of weeks he has come on a bit, but I will not make a thread about it because it is irrelevant.

I told you to grow up because a thread of 'OMG THIS GUY IS THE LAMEST PLAYER WE HAVE EVER HAD' is pretty childish, pointless and completely objective. If you can systematically prove to me with facts, figures and professional assessments as to why he is the most ineffective player in our history I may pay more attention, maybe.

As it is, you just come off pretty immature, clueless and certainly focusing on the insignificant things on our team. After all the guy was second in tackles on our team today...

Not to mention it's his second year and we have had a plethora of injuries at the DT position which has forced our hand. Frankly I think the last couple of weeks he has come on a bit, but I will not make a thread about it because it is irrelevant.

I completely disagree.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/26620-nick-hayden-x.html

Nearly every time they ran between the tackles Hayden was in there getting trampled. He'd catch Maroney's legs while out linebackers are piling all over him after a 6 yard gain and get a "tackle" for it. I can honestly say that I have never seen Hayden get any push up the middle, this year or last. He's not good at getting pressure on passing downs, nor is he a good run stopper. Earlier in the season, prior to signing Thomas, Leonard, Tyler, etc etc etc, Beason made a statement about our ineffectiveness at DT. Its not irrelevant at all, in fact they ran for close to 200 yards against us today.

'Systematically prove to you with facts figures and professional assignments you might pay more attention?' Wow, you're a jackass. As if the OP is waiting with bated breath on your approval of his opinion.

It's called a hyperbole. He was exaggerating to get his point across.

Is it the most creative insightful and infallible thread ever? No. But it is a valid opinion, and I see nothing childish about it.

Why don't you go try policing all the threads started about someone being annoyed with a player's inability? Good luck with that.

BTW, Nick Hayden may be the least of our worries right now, but from what I've seen, I cannot fathom how he would make the team next year unless Kemo, Leonard, Lewis, Thomas, and Tyler all go down with achilles injuries at the outset of practice.

BTW, Nick Hayden may be the least of our worries right now, but from what I've seen, I cannot fathom how he would make the team next year unless Kemo, Leonard, Lewis, Thomas, and Tyler all go down with achilles injuries at the outset of practice.

Bingo.

That is the point. Hayen isn't a good or particularly effective player, but we are stuck with him and there aint much out there which will be any better.

Why did I get so worked up about this thread? Because there are a million more significant things going on with our team. Nick Hayden really is one of our lesser worries, as like you pointed out, he won't be playing much if at all for us.

I just could not understand, after this game, that Nick Hayden is the one who was focused on for rage. It's like kicking a puppy. We know the guy has limitations already, so why would we just pile more on?

Only reason I stated what seemed to enrage you was because the OP did not really seem to think he was exaggerating as he followed his post up with more of the same.

What was childish, was the thread having little to no insight or point.

lol he does royally suck, but this is john fox we're talking about.. theres no way hes going to admit he f*cked up drafting this POS.

:rolleyes:He was only a 6th round pick, and they don't have a choice but to play him because everybody else is hurt. You can't blame this one on Fox.

Archived