• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

50 Years Ago..... Dark Side of the Moon

Anybodyhome

It was 50 years ago Pink Floyd released one of the quintessential albums of all time in Dark Side of the Moon. October 13, Pink Floyd/Warner Music will release a remastered edition of the epic title in Vinyl, CD and blu-ray.

Coincidentally (?), Roger Waters is releasing Dark Side of the Moon Redux, which is a complete re-interpretation of the entire album on his own terms.

My personal favorite off the album. I have 2 copies of the vinyl, one still sealed brand new and a second I play.

• Beer 1

Dark Side was a weird Floyd album for me.  It took me way too many years to view it a positively as the rest of the world did.

Ive always been a big fan of PF back to the mid 70s but there was always another album grabbing my attention.  Meddle, Animals, Wish You Were Here, The Wall...

It wasn't until some time after I saw them on the Delicate Sound of Thunder tour that I sort of forced myself to really stop and really listen to Dark Side.

Still not my favorite Floyd album but it is unquestionably fuging epic.

• Pie 1

53 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

Dark Side was a weird Floyd album for me.  It took me way too many years to view it a positively as the rest of the world did.

Ive always been a big fan of PF back to the mid 70s but there was always another album grabbing my attention.  Meddle, Animals, Wish You Were Here, The Wall...

It wasn't until some time after I saw them on the Delicate Sound of Thunder tour that I sort of forced myself to really stop and really listen to Dark Side.

Still not my favorite Floyd album but it is unquestionably fuging epic.

Not even a top 4 on my PF list. Although groundbreaking, commercially huge and a seminal album for a kid like me at 17 when it came out, radio just beat "Time" and "Money" to death in Southern California.

But Wish You Were Here, Meddle, Wall and Animals are my top 4; and they interchange where on that list depending on where I'm at musically/mentally on any given day. Hell, I didn't sit down with my Koss Pro IV-X headphones and critically and appreciatively listen to it until the 90s. One cannot "get" PF unless they listen to an entire release, front to back, in order.