• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 10 Panthers Moments of the Decade

Raleighcat83

Everybody seems to be doing a top 10 decade list, so here's mine for the Panthers, 200-2009:

1. Jan 2004 Panthers vs Rams divisional playoff-Steve Smith game winning catch in 2OT.

2. Jan 2004 Panthers vs Eagles NFC Championship-Carolina advances to Super Bowl.

3. Jan 2006 Panthers vs Bears divisional playoff-Steve Smith embarasses Bears secondary.

4. Jan 2004 Panthers vs Cowboys Wild Card playoff-Carolina dominates Dallas

5. Dec 2008 Panthers vs Buccaneers Monday Night Football-Double Trouble dominates, beginning of the end for Gruden in Tampa.

6. Sept 2003 Panthers vs Jaguars-Delhomme engineers comeback, emerges as starter.

7. November/December 2004 Panthers improbable run-Starting at halftime vs. 49ers, Carolina fights back from a 1-7 hole to get into playoff contention.

8. Jan 2006 Panthers vs Giants Wild Card Playoff-Panthers D dominates Manning, Smith has big game.

9. Nov 2000 Panthers vs Rams Monday Night Football-Panthers shock defending champs on the road behind Beurlien, Biakabituka.

10. Sept 2002 Panthers vs Ravens-John Fox debuts with win over Baltimore, first win for the franchise in a year.

Feel free to add/subtract/change order of your favorites.

Good list. Even though we lost, I'd add Moose's touchdown catch in the Super Bowl to the Top 3. And I'd put the Panthers winning the NFC Championship Game as #1 because of how shocking and unbelievable it was that we were actually going to the Super Bowl.

It's telling that we haven't had many great moments since the first half of the decade.

Archived