• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Take Trgo instead!

Rock_Steady

It reads -

"5. Panthers offensive coordinator Jeff Davidson

In Davidson’s first year as Carolina’s offensive coordinator last season, the Panthers’ offense hit the skids after QB Jake Delhomme was lost for season in Week Three.

With Delhomme healthy in Davidson’s second season as the coordinator, Carolina’s offense has become one of the most potent and balanced the league has to offer, with the one-two punch of DeAngelo Williams and first-round rookie Jonathan Stewart running rampant behind an underrated O-line that has allowed only 20 sacks, and Steve Smith providing an explosive aerial complement.

“In some ways he has been a bit handcuffed by the (head coach John) Fox philosophy,” a league expert said of Davidson. “He comes from the Belichick/Parcells coaching tree, and he could be this year’s Mike Smith flying under the radar and knock off an owner’s socks in the interview process.”

Added another source: “Davidson doesn’t come across like a great communicator. But the same could have been said about Smith last year.”"

“In some ways he has been a bit handcuffed by the (head coach John) Fox philosophy,” a league expert said of Davidson.

I wish he would have elaborated a lot more on that. Not that we don't already know what that is... but it would have been interesting to just see it in writing by someone who isn't a fan

I wish he would have elaborated a lot more on that. Not that we don't already know what that is... but it would have been interesting to just see it in writing by someone who isn't a fan

There is nothing to elaborate on.....as you stated... we all know the answer. Also....I don't believe we should worry about losing Davidson. As long as he's under contract he's untouchable. And it also seems we got the lucky pick from the Belicheat tree. The rest (Romeo, Mangini and Weiss) all seem to be sucking bad.

I'm glad we're not going to have to be looking for a new head coach. Everyone's going to be looking for the next Smith, Harbaugh, or Zorn.

The success of rookie head coaches this year is going to leave a couple teams with the wrong guy with the job just because he reminds the ownership of Smith, Harbaugh, or Zorn...like that guy said about Davidson.

I don't think he's going anywhere.

There is nothing to elaborate on.....as you stated... we all know the answer. Also....I don't believe we should worry about losing Davidson. As long as he's under contract he's untouchable. And it also seems we got the lucky pick from the Belicheat tree. The rest (Romeo, Mangini and Weiss) all seem to be sucking bad.

I wouldn't necessarily hold the (Belicheat tree) against Romeo, Mangini and Weiss. Belicheck didn't have a great stay in Cleveland.

Archived