• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fallout: New Vegas

WildBill559

Anyone using the Wild Wasteland trait? I'm debating whether or not to use it when I can actually start playing.

I selected it just to see what happens. Thus far I really haven't noticed anything "Wacky" or out of place. I admittedly haven't had much playing time with it yet. I'm sure it will become more obvious as I venture into New Vegas more often. I expect to meet some strange characters.

From the wiki...

In an interview with Chris Avellone, he notes that the Wild Wasteland trait may add more references to older content in Fallout and Fallout 2, in regards to special encounters. Players without Wild Wasteland will find less silly analogues in places where Wild Wasteland modifies things. According to J.E. Sawyer, the trait was added as a compromise because different members of the team often suggested 'wacky' content that others thought would be out of place.

I selected it too. I read one random encounter is a refrigerator with a corpse and an Indiana Jones-like hat that makes a reference to the last Indiana Jones movie where he survived an atomic bomb by hiding in a refrigerator.

I found that. It was just North of Primm. When I got to it, a crazed vault boy appeared at the top and it just said (...). I guess it was cool?

I honestly can't say that gamespot's review is that far off. The game does seem to slow down the longer you play and I have had some choppiness, but I haven't experienced all the bug they're talking about. The story seems solid but I not as drawn in as much as with FO3.

The combat, at certain times, seems really difficult. I've died a few times where I didn't even have time to react. I'm currently on a quest to kill a bunch of Nightkin, blue super mutants that are invisible with stealth boys, and I just don't have the firepower to take them out. They're easy if you can get an initial sneak attack but that's pretty damn hard considering they're invisible.

I think the nightkin in the basement is a little too hard for so early. I couldnt beat it so i left and leveled up some and then came back later. I liked it actually instead of speed running through fallout 3, i rarely died in that game. Considering there will be a patch i disagree that the bugs warrant a 7.5

Archived