• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm out

IndyPanther

This news just came out today that Cam hasn't gotten a call in 2 years from an NFL team.

https://clutchpoints.com/nfl-news-cam-newton-wants-play-no-team-has-called-two-years

I honestly have no interest in caring about the NFL after hearing this. It illegitimizes the league. If Cam ever takes another snap, I'll be there watching. Otherwise, I likely won't watch another NFL game.

5 minutes ago, KSpan said:

24th in yards, 34th in TDs... not quite top 15 material, and his limitations were on display on 2021. Was a bad break for his career though, no question.

Wrong. 19th in yards and 19th in TDs. Unless you're not counting rushing, which would be strange as rushing yards and touchdowns count for exactly the same as passing yards and touchdowns.

Yards and TDs are also nonsense stats that eliminate many, many factors. He was on the least talented offense in the league and still led them to a .500 record and gave top half of the league play. Their offensive talent was definitely no better than the 2023 Panthers or Patriots, both of whom have performed infinitely worse led by actual bad QBs in Bryce Young and Mac Jones.

He played 2 games from start to finish in 2021. You can't get anything from that at all.