• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers do need a bigger fanbase

Zod

I am loyal to a fault. Sometimes it annoys me when people say stuff like their "other" team. Or if "insert some godless heathens" don't win I will go for this team. Even on video games I won't play with any other team than the panthers. I felt dirty for putting Tom Brady on my roster for a day(I really wanted to see what the difference was :) ).

However Zod is absolutely right. Embracing new fans means more games on TV. More merchandise outside of Carolina. I hate having to order everything online. More pockets of pantherholics in visiting stadiums. That can't be a bad thing. Unless we become a-holes like the Cowboys then its time to end it.

So please, if people decide to give Panther fandom a try, stop with the asinine comments. We need more fans. I don't care what the reason is, if they want to start following the Panthers, more power to them.

I can never understand why people want to arbitrate who can be a fan and who can't. If they want to jump on board, let 'em on. If they jump off later, c'est la vie.

A bigger fanbase comes with time and success, it's as simple as that. The teams that have the biggest fanbases are the teams that have been around the longest and have had great success in the past. The Panthers have been around for 13 years now, making it 14 this year, and this is our 4th playoff appearance, so I would say we are definitely on our way to having a strong fanbase in the future.

Archived