• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Jason Heyward Nuthugging Thread

Scrumtrilescent

Not sure if any of you have seen the SI article on Heyward. It is a bit long but if you have time it is a great article so far....(I am not done). Interesting to see the league he came up through. Seems the Braves have a history of sandbagging players in a developmental league so no one else drafts them (the Braves have a “tight” relationship with the league). They would make Heyward take walks (so no scouts would see him hit) and had him listed as at 6’1 195lbs. when he was really 6’5 and 225lbs + in order to “hide” him. They did the same thing with guys like Francouer, Mccann, Wainwright... sneaky.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1168402/1/index.htm

Apparently Ryan Madson did not hear me screaming at the top of my lungs "DO NOT PITCH TO HIM!!!!!"

I can tell this kid (heyward) is going to be a pain in my a$$ for many years to come. (At least until the Yankees sign him away).

Just found this thread. Hate I've been missing it. What a game last night or should I say what a great 9th inning.

Anyway Johnny and the rest of the NL East, better get used to what you saw last night. It's going to keep happening and soon feel like it's Groundhogs Day every time you play us.

Jason Heyward = Ryan Howard's Daddy

Florida's Mike Stanton > Jason Heyward ?

No, he just needed to make an adjustment, which he did.

Heyward is on pace for 49 HR. The rookie record for both the National League and the Braves is 38.

They need a leadoff hitter. I've said this since Otis "Crackhead" Nixon left in the early 90s.

They've got one, his name is Nate McLouth. Bobby just needs to quit jerking him around the lineup. He did the exact same thing with Kelly Johnson.

Archived