• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Harris thoughts on Jake and Team

JefDav84

http://ow.ly/1eI7m

My two cents say that Jake was one heckuva leader and has been a great service to the Panthers. He had some great years here in Carolina - especially when we made that run at the Super Bowl in '08. There's not a doubt in my mind that this dude - a guy who's not only a great QB, but also a really funny person to have in the locker room - is definitely gonna be missed.

and it was definitely our running game that got us there. the only time we relied on jake is when we were late in the 3rd quarter, about to lose, then he'd just lob balls down field for smith, and would hope he'd make a miraculous catch (which he did at least 80% of the time), which technically means it was smith and our running game that got us to the playoffs. and then delhomme ruined it for everyone. even his own teammates couldn't look at him. smith sat on the other end of the bench, crying. the team fell apart because they didn't trust jake anymore, end of story. forget about what he did for this team...

yeah, he put us on the map, but the NFL is ALL about "what have you done for me lately?"

Jake didn't lead us on a run at the super bowl in 08. Jake knocked us out of the playoffs in the first round in 08...

you gotta be kidding me, you're telling me with maybe josh mccown in there instead of jake in 08 we woulda been at that position. I don't think that would be a good judgement to make, and I believe Moore was injured that year. but really, the comeback Jake made was incredible, and it all started with the winning TD vs SD. But past is past, and he did lead us to the playoffs, whether statistics or not, he LEAD us.

you gotta be kidding me, you're telling me with maybe josh mccown in there instead of jake in 08 we woulda been at that position. I don't think that would be a good judgement to make, and I believe Moore was injured that year. but really, the comeback Jake made was incredible, and it all started with the winning TD vs SD. But past is past, and he did lead us to the playoffs, whether statistics or not, he LEAD us.

???????

he didn't lead us... the coaching staff did... and if we would've had a player with jake delhomme's leadership then yes, we would've made it to the playoffs, blah blah blah. jake isn't a special quarterback that we couldn't have found a replacement for. Fox just didn't wanna go through the process of scouting and then to switch quarterbacks, and put his faith in a new QB when he was already familiar with jake. this is how coaching works. you find a guy who you're comfortable with, and you stick with him till he does what jake did last season. for example, matt hassalbeck, not the greatest QB in the world, but mike holmgren was comfortable with him, therefor he stuck with him. they could've made a move up the draft boards for sanchez last season, or matt ryan the season before that. so you can't say jake led us to the super bowl. all he did was his job, and the coaching staff, along with smith and our running game, got us to the super bowl.

so you can't say jake led us to the super bowl. all he did was his job, and the coaching staff, along with smith and our running game, got us to the super bowl.

Actually, Jake did led us to the Superbowl beside Smitty, Davis, & others. If he didn't led us, then how did we won against the Jags in the first home game (when Peete couldn't do crap) & the Playoffs against the Rams? It wasn't Weinke or Peete, for sure. You could say Smitty did in that Playoffs, but who threw the ball to him that gave us the win? Exactly!

http://ow.ly/1eI7m

My two cents say that Jake was one heckuva leader and has been a great service to the Panthers. He had some great years here in Carolina - especially when we made that run at the Super Bowl in '08. There's not a doubt in my mind that this dude - a guy who's not only a great QB, but also a really funny person to have in the locker room - is definitely gonna be missed.

Thanks, Chris. Like you, I was always a "Jake fan" and defended him in conversations with other fans. I admired his leadership and his spirit. But this was the time for him to go. Best wishes to Jake's future for him and his family.

Archived