• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wide Receiver

NJPanthers12

With it being clear that we are not going to be signing any big time free agent WR, I feel this is the best way to cure our WR problem.

Steve Smith: He will be our number 1 and still one of the best in the league

Dwayne Jarrett: Looked decent with Moore at the helm and is already in Charlotte working out with a new young WR coach, who can hopefully relate with him better then Williamson.

Rookie: I believe this is where we need to use our second round pick, best WR possible.

Mike Goodson: I really like Sutton a lot and feel comfortable with him as our number three. Goodson is absolutly explosive and I believe would flourish in the slot.

Dexter Jackson: Give this guy a shot at the KR/PR duties. He is extremely fast and hopefully with an offseason of working out he can pass Kenny Moore.

Antwan Randle El had 50 receptions last year and around about 500 yards, not exactly a world beater, but is a good fit for our system, not wholly sure about his blocking, but he's got the deep speed, decent hands and good enough production to work out of the slot if we do keep and start Jarrett. The truth is the team might be impressed enough or hopeful enough to sign no one at all.

We need another good reciever and we needed him 4 years ago. Unless you are VERY VERY LUCKY(See cardinals), it takes time to make a great reciever. Why not use next years first rounder and get Brandon Marshall of the Broncos? All they want is the first round pick. We can use next years second round pick and free agency for the defensive line and extra offensive linemen we need.

End of Line.

My only problem with bringing Marshall in is, we are a run first team with 2 great running backs, and Steve Smith who commands the ball alot. It would be hard ecspecially for a young QB to get the ball to SS, Marshall, Stewart, and DeAngelo and keep them all happy. Both Marshall and Smith have a history of complaining and talking.

They aren't done with the Jarrett experiment yet.

I think they resign Moose for less than what would have been vet. minimum.

Rosario may get some work at WR.

Draft a late rounder and pick up a guy off the heap right before preseason games....

Cheap cheap cheap...that's what 2010 is all about.

I would defiently give our 2nd for Marshall. I mean anyone you get in the draft after the 1st round usually has a big question mark. Guys like Gilyard ran a slow 40 (although I tend to throw those numbers out it is a ?) and Ford has questions about his inconsistency and route running (I think those concerns are unfounded).

We at least know that his on the field production has made, what appears to be, 2 very average QB look good. On the field he is in the top 3 of the best recievers, so I think a 2nd would be worth it. But I don't see it happening as the Panthers never make these types of moves and we also would have to sign him to a hefty extension. Right now thats something that does not look to be what JR wants to do.

Archived