• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CoD: MW2 Map packs coming!!!

hmsmike

If you think there's any one activity out there that doesn't take skill, you're useless.

Must be all luck to you.

your getting bigger all the time if you consider video games an "activity", normally I associate activity with some sort of phisically exertion, maybe you can say mentally but as I've said before I don't find games that challenging.

I dunno. Does an infant have the motor skills or cognizance to play peggle? :)

If you learned how to do it, then its a skill. And some are just better at some stuff than others.

Can it press a button? Even by accident? Then you can win at Peggle. :lol:

your getting bigger all the time if you consider video games an "activity", normally I associate activity with some sort of phisically exertion, maybe you can say mentally but as I've said before I don't find games that challenging.

There is no doubt skill involved in video games. There are players out there that are far better than you consistently, so they possess more skill than you at video games. I don't really know how that can be arguable.

Your association would be wrong.

Anything someone has learned and gotten better at is a skill.

I have a feeling the only fatass in this discussion is you.

Debate is certainly not one of your skills.

Thread Hijack in progress LOL

Either way yes skill is involved -- Eye-Hand coordination and generally good motor skills

and hell yes I will buy this map pack, I don't care about the cost because I enjoy the game. ! :-)

Your association would be wrong.

Anything someone has learned and gotten better at is a skill.

I have a feeling the only fatass in this discussion is you.

Debate is certainly not one of your skills.

Well if you called me a fat ass 2 years ago you would have been right, but I'm 80 pounds lighter now and am in pretty good shape.

And you can question my debate skills all you want still ain't gonna change the fact that i'm winning this argument in landslide fashion.

There is no doubt skill involved in video games. There are players out there that are far better than you consistently, so they possess more skill than you at video games. I don't really know how that can be arguable.

Anything can be arguable if you want it to be!

Honestly though the difference between you and any other player is time and team work, FFA games are more luck and camping, seriouly does it take any skill to spawn behind 2 players fighting and kill both of them? No it doesn't.

Team games though is all about communication and team work, the better those are the better that team as a whole will be.

I had a friend that was a member of my rainbow six clan SAX that I mentioned was ranked 8th in the world for a season on gamebattles.com his gamertag at the time was timeismoney (in leet speak but I don't remember what it was exactly) but if any one here checked the leaderboard for overall wins in COD 4 you would have seen him ranked from 1st-5th in the world in overall wins for about the first year the game was out.

The impressive part was the guy could only play with one hand because he was crippled in a motorcycle accident, but because of that he could also play all day long which was why he was ranked as high as he was. Which is where the time part of my argument comes from.

Team work was my clan, which we were excellent at. As a 1 on 1 though we were probably just as good as you or anyone else, but as a team we were invinceable.

Hence why I say there is nothing to having skill individual skill in a game, team work, or just having a poo load of time on your hands is all you need.

So you're saying it takes time to build video game skills?

Or do you even have an idea about what you're saying?

I'd say someone that's skilled at anything has spent an extraordinary amount of time doing it.

The only difference between me and a surgeon is the fact that he sits around cutting people open all day, and I don't.

So we're the same skill level, you see, I just haven't spent as much time doing it.

I wouldn't even consider it an argument, since you're the only one slinging base insults.

I wouldn't consider it a debate either, because you've made no points.

Its more like me laughing at your tremendous butthurt.

How do you it is not I laughing at you? Everything you see and think is based on your perspective of the argument/conversation. what if the other person had no intention of having a legitimate argument/conversation to begin with? What if that person is just trying to see how long this argument/conversation will go on for and take whatever absured position he could think of?

Why is the sky blue?

Because God is a Carolina fan

:-)

Archived