• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CoD: MW2 Map packs coming!!!

hmsmike

http://www.mapathy.com/

WOOHOO!!! :D

Something I pulled from a gamespot board ....

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/modernwarfare2/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-53832874&pid=951944&tag=topics;title

here are six maps in total in the map pack. The first three maps are from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, while the other three are new.

* Crash

* Overgrown

* Shipment

* Complex

* Compact

* Storm

Challenges, Titles and Emblems

It is currently unknown what Challenges, Titles, and Emblems there are, only how many of each. There are 20 new Challenges, 10 Titles, and 10 Emblems.

Perks

Perks are going to be added in the map pack. The first two are new, while the third is from previous games.

* Quickhands (allows the player to switch weapons faster)

* Heterochromaniac (allows the player to toggle thermal vision)

* Overkill (allows the player to equip two primary weapons.)

Weapons

There are three new weapons to be added in the map pack.

* Dragunov - A semi-automatic sniper rifle.

* Skorpion - A submachine gun

* Unknown weapon

Special Ops

There are five new Spec Ops missions in the new section, "Foxtrot".

How many of those maps are actually new??

I recognize Crash, Overgrown and Shipment from COD4.

What a bunch of crap. Those should be free.

Shipment is a terrible map.

You were the guy that always went 20-100 on it. That map was one of the best on there. Non-stop action. I like it when they do old maps. I loved Chinatown(Carentan CoD2) in MW1 and Wasteland(Brecourt CoD2) in MW2. It's fun to play the old maps with new stuff. I can't wait to play crash again thats one of the best maps ever made. I do wish they would give them a different look though. Make them in the snow or something.

i can't go to the second link from work. does it say anything about the release date or cost of the map pack at that time?

Release date is March 30th for Xbox. And it's timed exclusive. I haven't found when it will be available for other platforms, but most think after 30 days.

You're the guy that cares about K/D ratio. ;)

I think i went 45-25 or something on it. I only played it a few times.

I like a little more space to work with.

I am still gonna buy the maps and play them.

45-25 wouldn't reach my top 25 on that map, k/d while not as important is still a good way to judge how your doing in a game. Like for example I lost a match going 67-10 just this past week on demolition while planting 2 bombs myself. Sometimes your teammates are just idiots, I plant 2 bombs over the course on the game the last one I planted would have been for the win, I pulled out my ac-130 the instant I planted the bomb and destroyed the other team until my ac130 ran out with 7 seconds to go and they disarm the bomb with under a second to go and we lose. For me that was a great match even though I lost due to idiot teammates.

Plus you can take a loss just by getting put into a loosing game, yes it does count I've checked. Thus making w/l less relevent and k/d more. You can take a loss for no reason but you can't have a bad k/d because of the game.

Archived