• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starcraft 2 Beta

Mesmer

Starcraft is the most balanced multi of all time.. I am amazingly good at starcraft and can't wait for starcraft2.. i just got my beta code today.. (actually got 2) plus 6 invites.

Yep, Starcraft version 1.16.1 (released 21 January 2009) is probably one of the most balanced games out there.

Here's the patch notes from all bazillion versions (from 1998 to 2009) it took to get it there:

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft_version_history

Again, I'll pass.

From what I've seen, it's going to be a Star Craft equivalent of Warcraft 3 (but with a higher poly count).

I liked the original, but with the ineptitude Blizzard has at balancing games, I actually think I'll pass. I'm just not confident on the game play itself as I was when Warcraft 3 came out.

Sure... it will sell well, just because there are 12 million+ WoW fanboys... but truthfully, the Dawn of War series pretty much owned any attempt blizzard might make at Star Craft.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about

Please tell me exactly how anything I've said is false.

Have you played the beta? Explain to me how it's so incredibly unbalanced and how DoW is that much better.

RTS is one of my favorite genres and I don't really see how SC2 is unbalanced or how Blizzard has a bad history with balancing games.

Have you played the beta? Explain to me how it's so incredibly unbalanced and how DoW is that much better.

RTS is one of my favorite genres and I don't really see how SC2 is unbalanced or how Blizzard has a bad history with balancing games.

Ok.... did I SAY Starcraft 2 is imbalanced?

I said Blizzard is inept at balancing games, and based on that track record, I'm not going to AGAIN subject myself to the constant annihilation of strategies by them. And I've got dozens, if not hundreds of WoW, Warcraft 1, 2, 3, Diablo 1 and 2, and Starcraft patches which back that claim up.

Also, I've watched about 30 minutes of gameplay recordings from Blizzard proper to try and get the scoop on this game... here's one:

http://www.youtube.com/user/blizzard?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/2/XGoEEjs42uE

It just looks like a 3D Starcraft 1, with new units. I'll pass. Thanks.

And as far as DoW goes, I'm talking about the 1st one. The second was fail. That game (and its xpacs/add-ons) has more races than Warcraft and Starcraft combined, all of which have a unique play and feel. It has a completely innovative (at the time) resource management and acquisition dynamic.

While DoW1 might not have gotten the sales that SC got, it is a superior game in all respects.

Ok.... did I SAY Starcraft 2 is imbalanced?

I said Blizzard is inept at balancing games, and based on that track record, I'm not going to AGAIN subject myself to the constant annihilation of strategies by them. And I've got dozens, if not hundreds of WoW, Warcraft 1, 2, 3, Diablo 1 and 2, and Starcraft patches which back that claim up.

Also, I've watched about 30 minutes of gameplay recordings from Blizzard proper to try and get the scoop on this game... here's one:

http://www.youtube.com/user/blizzard?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/2/XGoEEjs42uE

It just looks like a 3D Starcraft 1, with new units. I'll pass. Thanks.

And as far as DoW goes, I'm talking about the 1st one. The second was fail. That game (and its xpacs/add-ons) has more races than Warcraft and Starcraft combined, all of which have a unique play and feel. It has a completely innovative (at the time) resource management and acquisition dynamic.

While DoW1 might not have gotten the sales that SC got, it is a superior game in all respects.

DoW1 was seriously one of the most unbalanced RTS that I've ever played. BTW you do realize you posted a video of something from campaign mode right? Something that doesn't matter in how the game actually plays. I for one, do not see lots of patches as a bad thing, why is it a bad thing that Blizzard actually supports it's games instead of making a retail release and turning it loose for people to break in any fashion they see fit? Blizzard actually fixes things that people discover to be broke, they introduce new units in expansions and re-balance them with the units that already exist in the game instead of adding new races that either can't compete with the others or completely blow the others out of the water. Who cares that starcraft only has 3 races if those 3 races are balanced and can all compete with each other.

Also, 3D StarCraft 1 with new units is what all of us that actually liked StarCraft 1 wanted. You're really arguing out of your ass about something I will re-iterate, you literally have no clue about.

I for one, do not see lots of patches as a bad thing

I've obviously struck a chord with a Blizzard fanboi.

Look. You go play your Beta. Enjoy it. Relish it. Drool on your keyboard over it.

But the day everyone who isn't singularly devoted to a product or company no matter how broken their offerings are, honestly believes that 19+ patches over 10 years is GOOD sign of a well balanced game, we as a consumer base deserve the craptastic garbage they give us.

I for one am not one of those people.

DoW1 was seriously one of the most unbalanced RTS that I've ever played.

That's your opinion. But I've played all the DoW games on their ladder system AND after about 2 or 3 patches, their games were actually some of the best balanced out there.

See, the thing is, they didn't need 14 patches to get it right... because they didn't make fail at the start.

Also, 3D StarCraft 1 with new units is what all of us that actually liked StarCraft 1 wanted. You're really arguing out of your ass about something I will re-iterate, you literally have no clue about.

And you don't know anything either because you don't and I said so.

Dude, give me a break.... I played WC1,2, and 3, Diablo 1 and 2 RELIGIOUSLY for years. I played WoW for 3 years. I got carpal-tunnel from playing their games. I know Blizzard's products.

And I know how they handle "balance". They fuging suck at it. End of story.

No, I'm not a fanboy. I enjoy StarCraft and that's about the only Blizzard product I play or have spent any significant amount of time with and I'm also not arguing this point with you anymore. Different strokes for different folks but you're just talking out of your ass.

Archived